Just sold my C6 and I am trying to decide between a viper and a 87GN

I had to get rid of my C6 because my wife is pregnant and now I am searching for the replacement. I plan on buying in a year or so. 0I have allways wanted a 87 GN and I just love this car the problem is I also love Viper's.

however there is a big difference in price. So basically i am trying to decide between a viper and a GN.

any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all wolf

Good luck with your decision. If you decide on a GN then let us know. I'm not into trying to talk conflicted people into buying a GN. ;)

Get a cherry GN already modded and have fun.
Get a ET goal and get a GN already put together for it.

My Thoughts

If it’s money you want to spend, go all out and become the envy of the muscle-car world! (especially the turbo Buick world)The GNX! They can be found for about the same price as a new Viper. The GNX may have 70,000 miles or so, but it’s value is guaranteed to only climb. Once these cars get into your blood, and you’ve experienced this vehicle’s dynamic performance ability, there is nothing that can compare. I’ve owned Buicks, Mustangs, and Camaros. Heck, I presently have a Ford Lightning as my daily driver. However, no matter what I’ve driven, my heart remains in my garage. I have a friend who has owned his GN since the early 90’s. He decided to sell his 50,000 mile GN about 6 months ago. Since then, every time I see him, I can tell something is wrong. It’s like he just isn’t the same. In fact, he is desperately searching to replace that car. He just cannot replace it for the price at which he sold his. Their value continues to climb. These cars just become a part of you. Trust me, the ride or should I say the pull sells the car. My dad is an old country boy and one day he took a ride in mine. Now, he is the proud owner of 2 GN’s. As I’ve read somewhere posted in these forums, these few words basically sum it up for me. “ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU NEVER GO BACK.” These cars require a lot of patience and a lot of research. But no matter what, you will become the envy at any parking lot or car show. Good luck in Afghanistan and take care of yourself. Also, THANK YOU for what you are doing for our country. My brother just returned from Iraq about one year ago. Good luck in making your decision. Thanks again.

black 2010 Camaro SS RS, similar to your C6 but with a back seat.

If I could have a Viper instead of my GN I would set this brick on fire in a heartbeat. To each his own.

It's fun to have your little one in the back seat yelling "faster daddy". So you'll need a back seat...problem solved GN:biggrin:

Yep!

My daughter is 9, and she never seemed to care much for the old dishwasher shaped Buick. It was my daily driver until May of this year when I bought a miser beater. Now that the cool weather is here, I've started to drive the Buick every once in a while and she's all giddy to ride in it every chance she gets.

Have had a number of high performance cars over the years. The turbo Regal is the only one that I have kept and will not sell. The others are long gone. If you haven't driven a Viper you might consider doing so before buying one. They are not "user friendly" as is the C6 nor exceptionally fast.