Just sold my C6 and I am trying to decide between a viper and a 87GN

watevrpal

I had to get rid of my C6 because my wife is pregnant and now I am searching for the replacement. I plan on buying in a year or so. 0I have allways wanted a 87 GN and I just love this car the problem is I also love Viper's.

however there is a big difference in price. So basically i am trying to decide between a viper and a GN.

any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all wolf

Luke, you must give in to the Darkside of the Force. In other words get the Grand National.

Vipers are cool and a blast to drive . BUT a Buick you can throw the family in the car and go . lots of room. BUT remember it's a 20 year old USED performance car. good luck with your decision :cool:

It's fun to have your little one in the back seat yelling "faster daddy". So you'll need a back seat...problem solved GN:biggrin:

I'm confused. Why did you get rid of the vette if your wife is pregnant?

I assume because it only has 2 seats....like the dodge?

And tell her if she is pregnant she belongs in the kitchen not in the car!!!

Kidding!

Get the GN assuming you are not looking for a daily driver.

I'm confused. Why did you get rid of the vette if your wife is pregnant?

I assume because it only has 2 seats....like the dodge?

And tell her if she is pregnant she belongs in the kitchen not in the car!!!

Kidding!

Get the GN assuming you are not looking for a daily driver.

HAHA I tried that but she didnt get the joke.

The reason I got rid of it was basically guilt but that is over and she has approved me to buy another toy. so The search is on the only thing is I am in the ARMy and deploying to afganistan for a year so I will have to wait until I get back but no big deal just plenty of time to do research.

i have allways loved the Gn but man the viper is awesome. I just love musclecars. later

the new vettes are SWEET. dollar for dollar though? the buick has it in the bag. ease of maintenance, cheaper parts, simpler design, and more room. Trust me, it doesn't take much to add on, to start whoopin vipers n stuff. a viper dont turn heads NEARLY as much as freshly waxed black buick....trust me..

Do you really want to be part of the Viper crowd? Visit their chat boards and then go shopping for a GN:biggrin: One ride in a slightly modded TR and you will have to have one.(or two)

The most fun "Vipers" are the one's with "beds" on them.:D JMO!;)

Burnout 2.jpg

Buy a GN and mod the hell outta it with the extra money you have, left over. And maybe put a little into a college fund, a little;)

That Viper driver in the video looked like he was having a hard time pulling gears.

And +48 on the Buick. I might not turn as well, but it rides "like a Buick."

this is naturally a bias response, but for the price of a new viper you could have a buick that does EVERYTHING better than the viper.
the only thing that a gbody will probably never have over the viper is top speed. after all its a black brick.

like drifter said:
spend half as much, do everything twice as well, look a million times better, have the best community of any car (cult) anywhere, and at the end of the day...

its still a lil ol v6.

The GN will be cheaper now but gain value over the Viper, which will be more expensive now and lose money over time.

Then you'll have plenty of room for 3 kids in the back down the road and by that time you'll have enough mods in it to have the kids scream "TURBO" and then lay the tires up in smoke. ;)

Ya I agree with everybody nothing beats a Black 1987 GN with tinted windows and about 500 HP under the hood.

By the way how much would I need to spend to buy a dependable 500HP 87 GN? I will have about 13K when I get back from afganistan. Thanks for helping me make up my mind. Wolf

I will take 2 of those frames. (LOL)

I was torn between that one and "Viper, the other white meat"

LOL (Mark at BuickGN.com made mine)

Vipers are cool, but around here it seems that most are "trust fund kids" driving them, don't know anything about cars at all (probably couldn't even change their own oil if they had to), and just drive them to show off their $$$