Just recieved my PT67 from R.A.

Momar

It just came in today, and I have a question for you guys. I was under the impression that it came w/ the compressor housing w/ the 4" inlet and 2.5 outlet. When I recieved it I realized that it was the smaller one. I did some searching on the boards, and it appears that you have to speicify if you want the bigger one. Will that make much of a difference? Does anyone know how much the larger housing costs?

Ben

??? Also, would there be much of a difference in performance between the 2?

Ben

I've heard 50-70HP. Don't really know. I had a GT67 from John C., with the smaller cover and 67gt compress. wheel. Quick spooling. Red A. told me the guesstimate HP difference. He sold me that turbo for a sick-low price. :eek: , but still wasn't big enough.

I think that info is lurking somewhere on PTE's web site. Compare turbos and check out specs.

Well, thats kind of crappy. I wish I would have known that you had to specify the larger cover.

Momar said:
Well, thats kind of crappy. I wish I would have known that you had to specify the larger cover.
Red should have " INFORMED" you that you had a choice between two different covers? Jack Cotton did for me??

Well, I just got a call from red armstrong. I guess first off, I called the turbo the wrong thing. I guess it is a TE67. It is made by limit.

I did not mean to even imply that red didnt answer any questions I asked because he did. I guess I just got confused, because I had looked at the GT 6776 S on full throttle speeds website, and thought it was the same thing. It is appearantly made by precision though, and I believe a big shaft, because from what I understand now, you cant get the larger cover on a small shaft???

Red also told me that he thinks that I will be fine w/ the cover that I have, and that he does not see the larger cover being practical for many cases, and would probably have more of a chance of giving me problems with compressor surge.

Ben

So, have you tried it yet? Spools up pretty quick and strong for a rather large street turbo. Does it sound quieter to you. The GT compressor wheels are very quiet to me.

Spools up real quick compared to what I was afraid it might. It doesnt have the harsh instant spool that the stock turbo w/ the 3200 stall had, but it doesnt take long at all to spool. I still have the stock intercooler hooked up, because I had a spot on the powerstroke that got a slice in it that I have to have repaired before I can hook up the plumbing. I do have a crack in the passenger side header that I need to get fixed(havent heard to much of that happening before) and a leak at the crossover pipe that I might have to replace the drivers side header to fix. It still spools pretty fast, but I think that my air fuel ratios are pretty far off. I havent got the scan tool on it to check it out, but I dont think it will be to accurate on the 02's since the crack is right before the 02 sensor anyway. The audible kr detector isnt going off so I will wait till I get the exhaust leaks fixed to really worry about getting it tuned.

Ben

You got a 6776 turbo. we sell them from Limit and PTE. May or may not be a GT but 99% it is
Mike

turbo2nr said:
So, have you tried it yet? Spools up pretty quick and strong for a rather large street turbo. Does it sound quieter to you. The GT compressor wheels are very quiet to me.

As far as it being quiet, I dont know if you are comparing it to your 70 or what, but it seems to be noticably louder than my stock turbo was.

The 6776S is a small shaft turbo. The S on the end of the part # is what specifies the T04S compressor cover which is 4" in and 2.5" out.

I thought the 6776 was a large shaft turbo, well over $1000, no?

The turbo Momar bought was under $700, and I don't think you can get the larger cover for it. He would have to step up to the large shaft turbo. At least that's what Red told me this morning.

PTE has at least two turbos with the same specs, but different covers, just compare the HP difference. BUT, this is only a guideline, not set-in stone.

I was wrong when I said Red think there is a large HP difference. He now thinks its no big deal.

Momar, that turbo can rock! Fix your exhaust leaks, get a good fuel system, and crank it up.

turbo2nr said:
I thought the 6776 was a large shaft turbo, well over $1000, no?

The turbo Momar bought was under $700, and I don't think you can get the larger cover for it. He would have to step up to the large shaft turbo. At least that's what Red told me this morning.

PTE has at least two turbos with the same specs, but different covers, just compare the HP difference. BUT, this is only a guideline, not set-in stone.

I was wrong when I said Red think there is a large HP difference. He now thinks its no big deal.

Momar, that turbo can rock! Fix your exhaust leaks, get a good fuel system, and crank it up.

Got the fuel system already. May need to step up to a double pumper at some point, but not there yet. I am going to try to work on my exhaust leaks this weekend, but I have limited time because I am working full time and going to school full time.

Red also told me that about the covers. I was however told by a different vendor, that they can be used on the small shaft, but you have to use a different backing plate. I was told by both of them that it would not be worth the change though. I am happy with the turbo, and I just should have asked more questions ahead of time.

I cant wait to get these exhaust leaks fixed, and get it ready to turn up and get tuned.

Ben

You have to specify which compressor cover you want when ordering the 67. We do all 3 versions on it (E cover 3" inlet 2" outlet, S cover 4" inlet 2.5" outlet, H cover 4" inlet 3" outlet)

Difference between each cover is maybe 25 hp and that depends on how much boost you run...so I wouldn't worry too much if you got the wrong cover.

Scott Atk said:
Don, will you please verify that the 6776 is a small shaft.

I won't deny that...yes it is a small shaft P-trim!

You can now add me to your favorite vendors list...lol :)

Scott Atk said:
No comlaints from me. I had great results from my 6776S.

You say stock block. Is it girdled or have billit mains? What heads are you running?

stock block, two center billet mains. no girdle. had champion irons on it when I ran the 67. Now has out of the box GN1s.