Just pulled my wifes motor

Jeff40

Just pulled the wifes 87 GN motor, will tear it down monday.Just looking for some ideas, she already told me I can't get to carried away ( wants to keep her gas milage). Was looking for some info on injector sizes maybe a chip, have been looking at bigger turbos, not sure if its worth the money for the use. Probably will just send mine in to be gone thru. Plan on just matching gaskets, working the bowl area over bronze guides good three angle valve job lap the valves and back cut a 30 on all . Not sure of the bottom end yet don't want over kill for the use so probably won't go eagle crank, but then I do like to play when I get in it. Will use JE pistons most likely, just to lighten up a little. Have to have the crank sent out to be balanced, no bob weights for a v-6. Any other suggestions that are not to radical for womans toy. Still have to look at cam opptions.

Originally posted by Jeff40
Was looking for some info on injector sizes
maybe a chip,

have been looking at bigger turbos, not sure if its worth the money for the use.

Probably will just send mine in to be gone thru. Plan on just matching gaskets, working the bowl area over bronze guides good three angle valve job lap the valves and back cut a 30 on all .

Not sure of the bottom end yet don't want over kill for the use so probably won't go eagle crank, but then I do like to play when I get in it. Will use JE pistons most likely, just to lighten up a little. Have to have the crank sent out to be balanced, no bob weights for a v-6. Any other suggestions that are not to radical for womans toy. Still have to look at cam opptions.

60 PPH injectors, and of couse a chip.

TA-60

Just smooth out the chambers just to reduce the surface area, no polishing needed or wanted. Porting, 3 angle, bronze guides aren't need for what your wanting. Use that money for an alky injection, and chip, IMO.

206/206, roller if you want to the best answer to never wiping a cam lobe.

With the 60/60/206, and proper chip you can keep the D5 converter.

Bruce thanks should have mentioned the machine work is free, so the only cost is the upgrades that I am not familar with. Have been building engines for 20 years, own a machine shop for the last 15. Just have not monkied around with any GN engines and have never looked in till lately what is available. Found this BB and looks like a good place for some info, never can know to much.
The cost is not an issue just being realistic for the use it will see.There is always someone out there that knows something you don't.

Thanks Jeff NC ENGINES

If you're use to doing sbc or v8's do some research cause I know there are a couple things different on an lc2. Like loose fitting rods and oiling. You may already know this but dont want to see you blow anything up. :cool:

gmhightechperformance.com has a really good article on machining and building an LC2.