Just ordered my "Big Stuff" from PTE

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
Harry (@ PTE) said there's no external data logger available and no nitrous control. Resolution can be increased so the 3 cells my old motor spent most of it's hard life in can now be something more like 10 cells for tuning.

Caspers is making up the engine harness to connect directly to it. The FAST & Big Stuff are interchangeable at the plug, you can unplug one and plug in the other and it will work. Harry will help me learn this new system and we'll get it dialed in at the track some day this spring.

I didn't dislike my FAST at all but this system is a bit cheaper and sounds like it has more for me than what the FAST had. If I use Nitrous, I'll use a wet kit.

They have them in stock and it should ship today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how I like in about 2 months when I get to see the car actually run.:( So until I get this thing on the road, someone else needs to go out there and buy this so they can tell me how to use it.

I hope it has better instructions than the FAST did. That was really weak.

I am assuming this is the "Big Stuff III" being put out by John Meaney.

Are there any GN's running this system yet? Just wondering what wonderful things this box has in store...

..Mike

I keep hearing the Big Stuff is an awesome system.
I heard a rumor that the reason there is no nitrous control is because he designed a nitrous control for a company and he is in court fighting to get it, so he can use it in his box.

I believe its still a speed density like the FAST. No MAF so that leaves Alpha N which I know it isn't.

I'd tell you more but I don't have it yet.

Roger

I believe the Big Stuff Gen3 has everything it can be bank to bank or a pull down menu it will be sequential, It can be speed density, alpha N, or run a MAF also. It is going to be the next big ECU out there. I think it also is a tranny controller all in one.

Rob

I talked to Joe L. about it also, and was not crazy about the idea of using the 65# inj.'s that they are going to "special" with the package. I already have 72's and have never "backed up" on any performance parts.
I do understand however they only have a base program for the 65's, so unless you want to wait for the additional programs for other inj.'s, you will be "directed" to the 65's.

There are different boxes for SEFI and B2B. Each injection style also has it's own ignition type (IPU, GM HEI or TFI)

It's plug and play with a FAST harness.

No MAF available.

Originally posted by GRAYGHOST
I talked to Joe L. about it also, and was not crazy about the idea of using the 65# inj.'s that they are going to "special" with the package. I already have 72's and have never "backed up" on any performance parts.
I do understand however they only have a base program for the 65's, so unless you want to wait for the additional programs for other inj.'s, you will be "directed" to the 65's.

Lets see if I can clarify:cool:

Although we haven't yet posted this special on our site or in the advertisers section yet.......heres the deal:

Big Stuff Gen I B2B system Plug & Play with WB02 and Set of 6 Bosch 65# Injectors $1750.00
(Also includes a Base 65# inj. program.)
3-bar Map Sensor not included

For those that do not want the 65# Inj. the Price is $1650.00
Other size injectors are of course available at our normal pricing.

Hope this clarifies this issue.

Joe
PT & E
219-996-7832
www.precisionturbo.net

Does it plug into a Fast harness? If I wanted to switch from a Fast system how much for the box and software only? No injectors, startups, or jumper harness unless I really need it.
Greg Kring

Originally posted by summit
Does it plug into a Fast harness? If I wanted to switch from a Fast system how much for the box and software only? No injectors, startups, or jumper harness unless I really need it.
Greg Kring

Greg

Yes...the pin out for the ECU is the same as the Fast.
The only difference is the supplied WB02 uses a different style connector. So any Stand-Alone or current FPGN adapter for Fast will inter-change

Bare ECU Box & Com. cable would be $1350

No, we are using 50 lb/hr Delphi injectors. The turbo is a PT61. This is a street car, stock 96 Camaro SS LT1, 6 speed car.

Is the big stuff available/ compatable with an LS1. I ve got the engine in a 66 vette....and after considering the stock ecu/ls1 edit etc.....seems like I m better off just going to a stand alone. The one thig I want is nitrous control though........?

So if Im correct that the big stuff will not work....can any used fast or gen 7 system work on a ls1 or would it have to be set up by them? for the ls1?