Just ordered 2nd nozzle setup

Addicted2boost

SUCK, SQUISH, BANG, BLOW
I can run 21 1/2#'s of boost in race trim with a #15 nozzle. I just ordered a second line, adapter and a #7 nozzle because in race tune I want to run 25#'s of boost. I have 30 over pistons and slightly milled heads so I can't run too much boost unless my car is on alky. I got my SMC kit new in Jan of this year. So the added nozzle setup is $25 plus shipping. If you have an older SMC kit with hose clamps in your bottle, you will have to send tank back and get updated when ordering 2nd nozzle setup. This is just FYI.

Addicted2boost,

How do you anticipate configuring your nozzles once you have both installed? I'm mainly interested in what size sprays at what point. Also, how much timing are you running currently in race trim with your #15 nozzle?

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
28* chip with VP C16. The primary jet is a #15 while the 2nd nozzle will be a #7.

So are you running str8 VP c16 in the gas tank with alky?? or are you running that in the actual alky tank in the place of alky. If you are running the alky kit and c16 for gas that is a little overkill.

Alex

I agree alex, but that might be the extra little bit you need to run Orlandos boost #s. Lets say your running c116 in the gas tank and you are able to run 30 lbs of boost, but you see the knock sensor being tickled. Turn the alky on pump speed 2 and crank that boost up another 2 lbs. Before you know it, your at 40 lbs, or driving over your crank!!! :D

I don't see anything on SMC's website about the second nozzle setup. How does this connect/work? Is it a staged system or just another nozzle to add more alky volume when the system triggers? What does the second nozzle kit come with?

Thanks,
Derrick