Just made the switch

Hopefully I won't need a new one ?. Lol
Car will be set on kill however, so who knows ?. I won't disclose, just yet, how much timing and boost I'll be running. We'll say.. Plenty. Lol

Haha, yeah, I don't want to jinx it, but it sounds like that risk comes with the territory.

Once I get everything worked out and my final tuning numbers down, I'll let you know where I had it set.
Also.. Invest in an E85 tester , they're about $18 and well worth it !!.. Not hard to use.
You using Scanmaster and Power Logger ?.

Sweet, I'd appreciate it! I got an e85 tester, haven't used it yet, though. I only put a few gallons in and some stabilizer....stupid Ohio winters...I have a Scanmaster, but not Power Logger. I thought about it, but it didn't seem like it would be necessary just yet- I could be wrong about that. I do have a TT chip set for 23-25psi max boost, I think timing is 21/23 degrees.

Sweet, I'd appreciate it! I got an e85 tester, haven't used it yet, though. I only put a few gallons in and some stabilizer....stupid Ohio winters...I have a Scanmaster, but not Power Logger. I thought about it, but it didn't seem like it would be necessary just yet- I could be wrong about that. I do have a TT chip set for 23-25psi max boost, I think timing is 21/23 degrees.

I have a wideband also, very powerful tuning tool. Eric told me to set it for gas through, instead of E85. Your looking for around 11.5 on a Wideband and on the scanmaster, at the finish line, around 750.
My chip is set for 22/24 and I think 23lbs of boost. I adjust the rod on the wastegate for more boost than that.
Just got my Powerlogger working yesterday on the car.

Yep, I have a wideband, but it's not installed yet. Okay, I'd assume I probably want around 11.5 as well on that. I've had some issues with boost spike before where it jumps up a few psi mid pass, I need to get that sorted out, too

All stock engine, upgraded valve springs. Stock turbo and exhaust housing, stock intercooler. 3" Dp. RJC spacer plate. Walbro 255 with 60lb injectors and TT chip. Voltage booster. E85
Best 1/4 mile, before the new valve springs and spacer,
12.07 @ 109, in Bowling Green. Replaced valve springs and added plate, haven't had opportunity to run 1/4 yet.
Ran 7.43 @ 90 last time out, 1/8th mile, with a 1.62 - 60'.
This is with factory D5 converter, not locked any of the passes. Working on finding the problem with it, why it won't lock, it's never worked since I've owned the car. I launch with 10lbs boost. Upgraded posi and axles to 30 spline and added a Wolfe Anti Roll Bar. Hoping to squeeze 15lbs boost out on launch.
Nice ! Did you change your lines to Teflon in & out of the pump ?

Yep, I have a wideband, but it's not installed yet. Okay, I'd assume I probably want around 11.5 as well on that. I've had some issues with boost spike before where it jumps up a few psi mid pass, I need to get that sorted out, too

Love the wideband and Scanmaster together. After I either break record, get close or match, gonna dump everything and switch over to a FAST setup. Lots of good reasons for the switch.

Love the wideband and Scanmaster together. After I either break record, get close or match, gonna dump everything and switch over to a FAST setup. Lots of good reasons for the switch.

Yeah, it should be a good duo. I like the FAST system, too, but I won't worry about that if/until I get into a serious power range. Same thing with the lines, too, I'm going to keep them stock as long as my fuel pressure is happy.

So I've run the car without issues the first night that I switched. We had nice weather this weekend, so I took the car out on Saturday. It ran fine, but it cut out rolling into about half throttle a couple of times, with about 1/4 of tank, so I put more e85 in, and no more issues. I fire the car up on Sunday to adjust the fuel pressure (it was a little high) and get it down to 43 vacuum line off. I pulled the car out of the garage, put it in park, put it back in drive and it died (it will do this sometimes if it's not warmed up). I go to start it and it turns over, but there is a clicking sound, and it doesn't fire. I wait a few seconds, try it again, and the same thing. I let it sit for a few minutes, try it again, and it barely fires, and eventually starts to idle normally. I back it into the garage to let it fight another day. Any idea what was causing the starting issues? could it be just me needing a new gap for the plugs?

So I've run the car without issues the first night that I switched. We had nice weather this weekend, so I took the car out on Saturday. It ran fine, but it cut out rolling into about half throttle a couple of times, with about 1/4 of tank, so I put more e85 in, and no more issues. I fire the car up on Sunday to adjust the fuel pressure (it was a little high) and get it down to 43 vacuum line off. I pulled the car out of the garage, put it in park, put it back in drive and it died (it will do this sometimes if it's not warmed up). I go to start it and it turns over, but there is a clicking sound, and it doesn't fire. I wait a few seconds, try it again, and the same thing. I let it sit for a few minutes, try it again, and it barely fires, and eventually starts to idle normally. I back it into the garage to let it fight another day. Any idea what was causing the starting issues? could it be just me needing a new gap for the plugs?

What plugs and gap ?. Did you install new fuel filter with E85 upgrade ?. My car runs somewhat sluggish till it gets good and warm.

image.jpeg Here's a little tease for some testing I did yesterday. It was 60 degrees outside. This was on about a 10-11 lb boost launch. Please remember this is an untouched engine, factory stock turbo, intercooler and D5 converter.

What plugs and gap ?. Did you install new fuel filter with E85 upgrade ?. My car runs somewhat sluggish till it gets good and warm.

They are Delco 42s with a gap for my 93 combo, I know that will have to change, but what is a good E85 gap? The plugs weren't an issue the first two times I had the car out. Yep, got the E85 filter, too.

Very nice 60ft time!

They are Delco 42s with a gap for my 93 combo, I know that will have to change, but what is a good E85 gap? The plugs weren't an issue the first two times I had the car out. Yep, got the E85 filter, too.

Very nice 60ft time!

Thanks, on the 60'.
Peoples flavors for plugs is like asking guys taste in women. I have been running autolite 24's, gapped at 30. Gapped at 30 for amount of boost I run. I think most people recommend 30 also.
You can find me on fb if you want.
Ken White, profile pic is pic of my car.

Thanks, on the 60'.
Peoples flavors for plugs is like asking guys taste in women. I have been running autolite 24's, gapped at 30. Gapped at 30 for amount of boost I run. I think most people recommend 30 also.
You can find me on fb if you want.
Ken White, profile pic is pic of my car.

Converter might even help that drop a good bit, if that's allowed for your goal. Hahaha, Okay, I've heard Autolite 24s gapped at 30 before, but wanted a nice, overall idea. Sounds like that's what I'll run next. Sure, I'll look you up and add you. Thanks Ken