Just made the switch

JustABuick

Well, I just made the switch to E85 this weekend. We had a mild day, so I was able to take it out for about 10-15 minutes, and it felt pretty good! I still have stock lines, but bumped up to the DW300 pump, 80# injectors, new fuel filter and a new chip from TurboTweak. There's between 5-6 gallons of E85 in the car still, so I added a couple of ounces of Lucas treatment. Looking forward to hitting the streets this spring!

Kelly

Awesome, good to hear! looks like we have similar builds. Have any 1/4 mile passes on your setup? What plugs/gap do you run?

If you wish to kick up the fuel pressure as recommended, you will need to replace/ increase size on the return line.

My fuel pressure is fine without replacing or increasing size on the return line. It car by car basis .. some need to do something with the return line .. alot of others don't. My car runs great right where it's at without having to replace / increase anything.

If you wish to kick up the fuel pressure as recommended, you will need to replace/ increase size on the return line.

I'm prepared to face that, but I've heard mixed reviews, so I was going to wait until spring to get some street miles on it and see how it reacts. I will not be making any more power modifications to the car until something in the engine goes, and it has to be removed from the car.

My fuel pressure is fine without replacing or increasing size on the return line. It car by car basis .. some need to do something with the return line .. alot of others don't. My car runs great right where it's at without having to replace / increase anything.

Hopefully mine will be the same, did you set your fuel pressure to 43psi vacuum line off? I need to double check mine to make sure.

I'm prepared to face that, but I've heard mixed reviews, so I was going to wait until spring to get some street miles on it and see how it reacts. I will not be making any more power modifications to the car until something in the engine goes, and it has to be removed from the car.

Hopefully mine will be the same, did you set your fuel pressure to 43psi vacuum line off? I need to double check mine to make sure.

Yes - I started there. Actually, I went all the way down to 39 psi with the v-line off just to see if I could get it lower as alot of posts said I would have a hard time doing it without changing the return line. I didn't have a problem. After tuning, I settled on 45psi vacuum line off as car seemed to really like it there. Again, every car is different so what works for my car and setup won't necessarily work for yours. But give it a try! ... and welcome to E-85 - you will have a great summer driving around with it! :)

Once the fp is increased, the volume bypass quantity is less and return line restrictions are less of an issue.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Awesome, good to hear! looks like we have similar builds. Have any 1/4 mile passes on your setup? What plugs/gap do you run?

I haven't made it out to the track yet - hopefully this spring. Picked up some Nitto Drag radials last year. Having not been to a track in a long time, I am setting my expectations in hopefully cracking into the 12's in the 1/4 .. some folks have said my setup could get to 12.50 - 12 .. but I know alot is driver and right now with no practice, i suck ;) .. so cracking 12's .. even a 12.99 would be a big win for me in 2016 .. I use AC Delco CR43TS sparks gapped at .035 .. Good luck!

Yes - I started there. Actually, I went all the way down to 39 psi with the v-line off just to see if I could get it lower as alot of posts said I would have a hard time doing it without changing the return line. I didn't have a problem. After tuning, I settled on 45psi vacuum line off as car seemed to really like it there. Again, every car is different so what works for my car and setup won't necessarily work for yours. But give it a try! ... and welcome to E-85 - you will have a great summer driving around with it! :)

Awesome, I'll give it a shot and see what it likes. I should probably get a powerlogger too. Definitely need to get new plugs, forgot about that.

I haven't made it out to the track yet - hopefully this spring. Picked up some Nitto Drag radials last year. Having not been to a track in a long time, I am setting my expectations in hopefully cracking into the 12's in the 1/4 .. some folks have said my setup could get to 12.50 - 12 .. but I know alot is driver and right now with no practice, i suck ;) .. so cracking 12's .. even a 12.99 would be a big win for me in 2016 .. I use AC Delco CR43TS sparks gapped at .035 .. Good luck!

Last summer was my first time ever drag racing, also using those Nittos. From what I've heard you'll probably be mid 12's without even having much practice. I was able to finally hit a 12.2x on 93 octane mixed with 110 at a modest 18psi, I think our builds should be good for easy 11's, but again...depends on the driver...I'm far from experienced, too!

I'm glad it's working well for you, I'm switching this winter, as well as an SLIC intercooler upgrade, volt booster, hotwire kit, valve springs, TA down pipe and scanmaster.
I have goosebumps, kind of excited, kind of scared. Lol

Hehe, that's how I am feeling about this spring, too. The local cars should be sleeping with one eye open ;)

Launch is 80% of a good strong pass. Get that down and work on the tune up after. What is the combo y'all are running ?. I've been on E85 about a year now and I'll never go back.

Launch is 80% of a good strong pass. Get that down and work on the tune up after. What is the combo y'all are running ?. I've been on E85 about a year now and I'll never go back.

I've got stock internals, (was told the cam was a little bigger, but haven't opened the engine to verify), and a Turbonetics stage 1 Cheetah 60mm turbo, 3 in. Terry Houston SS Downpipe, 70mm Accufab throttle body, Accufab adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Siemens 80# injectors, DW 300 fuel pump, Extreme Automatics Stage 2 trans with Precision 3500 multi disk LU converter. Precision SLIC, hotwire kit, GBP aluminum radiator and dual fan kit. Eric 5.7 TT chip.

What's your combo/best ET?

I've got stock internals, (was told the cam was a little bigger, but haven't opened the engine to verify), and a Turbonetics stage 1 Cheetah 60mm turbo, 3 in. Terry Houston SS Downpipe, 70mm Accufab throttle body, Accufab adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Siemens 80# injectors, DW 300 fuel pump, Extreme Automatics Stage 2 trans with Precision 3500 multi disk LU converter. Precision SLIC, hotwire kit, GBP aluminum radiator and dual fan kit. Eric 5.7 TT chip.

What's your combo/best ET?

All stock engine, upgraded valve springs. Stock turbo and exhaust housing, stock intercooler. 3" Dp. RJC spacer plate. Walbro 255 with 60lb injectors and TT chip. Voltage booster. E85
Best 1/4 mile, before the new valve springs and spacer,
12.07 @ 109, in Bowling Green. Replaced valve springs and added plate, haven't had opportunity to run 1/4 yet.
Ran 7.43 @ 90 last time out, 1/8th mile, with a 1.62 - 60'.
This is with factory D5 converter, not locked any of the passes. Working on finding the problem with it, why it won't lock, it's never worked since I've owned the car. I launch with 10lbs boost. Upgraded posi and axles to 30 spline and added a Wolfe Anti Roll Bar. Hoping to squeeze 15lbs boost out on launch.

All stock engine, upgraded valve springs. Stock turbo and exhaust housing, stock intercooler. 3" Dp. RJC spacer plate. Walbro 255 with 60lb injectors and TT chip. Voltage booster. E85
Best 1/4 mile, before the new valve springs and spacer,
12.07 @ 109, in Bowling Green. Replaced valve springs and added plate, haven't had opportunity to run 1/4 yet.
Ran 7.43 @ 90 last time out, 1/8th mile, with a 1.62 - 60'.
This is with factory D5 converter, not locked any of the passes. Working on finding the problem with it, why it won't lock, it's never worked since I've owned the car. I launch with 10lbs boost. Upgraded posi and axles to 30 spline and added a Wolfe Anti Roll Bar. Hoping to squeeze 15lbs boost out on launch.

Wow, that's a sweet 60', best I've had so far is 1.7x range. I ran a D5 converter before the 2nd gear band went out in my trans. Got a stage 2, and that 3500 converter and it made a HUGE difference. I'm usually able to leave around 8-10psi on my best passes. I'd like to hear how far you get with your current setup!

I'm gunning for the record, quickest and fastest stock engine/turbo. It's 7.17 and 11.37.
Looking for 1.47-1.48 - 60', with the Anti Roll Bar and hopefully a 15lb launch.
Record is 20 years old, guy that set it, from what I've read, had a modified intercooler , TH downpipe and trans brake.

Good God! It sounds like I'll be reading about this story again, then. a 15psi launch would feel like a bat out of hell. Do you have a new rotating assembly on standby after you beat the record?

Good God! It sounds like I'll be reading about this story again, then. a 15psi launch would feel like a bat out of hell. Do you have a new rotating assembly on standby after you beat the record?

Hopefully I won't need a new one ?. Lol
Car will be set on kill however, so who knows ?. I won't disclose, just yet, how much timing and boost I'll be running. We'll say.. Plenty. Lol

Hopefully I won't need a new one ?. Lol
Car will be set on kill however, so who knows ?. I won't disclose, just yet, how much timing and boost I'll be running. We'll say.. Plenty. Lol