Just installed my new TE60...

EMcNeice

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/542751/1

Finally moved up to a TE60 from Turboneteics with a Stage 5 exhaust wheel from my old TA49! Looks awesome! Just thought i'd post my car domain site to flaunt my GN a little.. ;) Not bad for a 22 yr old eh?? Haven't had the chance to tune it yet cuz the gas is from october 03, but driveability has greatly improved. Before there was lots of part throttle surging and bucking, now its just smooth and hard acceleration. The stock TC seems to work well drving around too. Can''t wait to tune it.. hopefully mu 009's and 307 will hold up for now!

is the TE-60 turbo really worth the upgrade over the similar sized TA-49?:confused: unless turbonetics TE-60's are much bigger than our TE-60s

Yup! This one was custom built by Turbonetics. The compressor wheel is bigger than the 49, and this one has a Stage 5 exhaust wheel. So far, this turbo seems to be much better than the old 49. The part throttle bucking is a thing of the past and with a 9/11 TC my car will be capable of low 11's in race trim. Plus, it looks much better and i like the one piece TE rather than the stock style

interesting...

it looks nice that's for sure...I guess they do things differently over there at Turbonetics...I know a regular TE-60 has a slightly larger compressor wheel compared to the 49/44 but has the same exhaust wheel...that's the only difference