Just got my new iMAC going & on-line.

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Just bought it Friday after work, opened it Sat and got it set-up. 20", 2.66 CPU Intel Duo processor, 320 hard drive, 2 gig RAM, wireless keyboard & mouse. Wasn't free, about $2K out the door including a dial-up modem, MSN written 08 office, & a good book for operations. Next is getting rid of the dial-up system. Just can't say enough about this system.

Welcome to the "World of MAC"..... and Congratulations!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

As a windows PC computer tech I can say the iMac computers are really nice. I have started to convert all my machines to Linux which is what the Mac OS is based on and I'm loving life a whole lot more. Mac however is even easier than Linux and looks a hell of a lot nicer.

Have fun with it.

Just bought it Friday after work, opened it Sat and got it set-up. 20", 2.66 CPU Intel Duo processor, 320 hard drive, 2 gig RAM, wireless keyboard & mouse. Wasn't free, about $2K out the door including a dial-up modem, MSN written 08 office, & a good book for operations. Next is getting rid of the dial-up system. Just can't say enough about this system.

congrats Wells, but DAMN get cable internet man.. drop the phone line stuff :biggrin:

2x
Gary,
Get off the dial up and onto some sort of broadband (DSL or cable) it's a night n' day difference.

Sorta like adding alky to your turbo Buick.

Uh...to be clear....I am not telling you to add alky to your iMac....that would be a bad thing...

You sure that's not a DSL modem, Gary?

Can you call out and receive calls on the same phone number when you are online without dropping your connection?
DSL would allow this and dial up won't.
Do you here a touch tone dialing and something like a FAX machine squeeling when logging on?
Dial up would do this and DSL won't.

Does it take 10 minutes for those pix of pretty girlz (or in Lou's case...sheep...) to download?
Dial up would torture you like this and DSL won't.

You sure that's not a DSL modem, Gary?

Can you call out and receive calls on the same phone number when you are online without dropping your connection?.......No.
DSL would allow this and dial up won't..........You're correct.
Do you here a touch tone dialing and something like a FAX machine squeeling when logging on?...........No, are you sure that all dial-ups are audible?
Dial up would do this and DSL won't.............You're correct again.

Does it take 10 minutes for those pix of pretty girlz (or in Lou's case...sheep...) to download?.............No, but longer than DSL or cable
Dial up would torture you like this and DSL won't.
........Not torture compared to my last computer. But not fast either.
Thanks for asking, Tim.

F#cking Gary probably has a string and two cups. One is tied to his Mac and the other is thrown over a telephone line somewhere.
1 cup, the other end of the string is stuffed into the 56K port. That was funny, 87natty, how's life treating you?

Good, good. Click on my signature, I finally got done with torturing myself with 6 years of graphic design and photography school, looking to find a job now. I've been ready to push my GN off a bridge, as I've been restoring my Grandfather's old Ford and neglecting the Buick. It's disintegrating as I drive, but it still runs like a top.

Man I'm jealous. Earlier this year my wife totaled our laptop and I replaced it with a Dell with Vista on it. It's been a freakin' nightmare. I don't blame Dell too much, Microsoft just sucks. It's almost criminal.

I'm going Apple next time around....

Jim

When my computer crashed I asked everybody for recommendations as to what was the best practical computer for non-gaming purposes. Most agreed that the Apple-Mac was the best, but not necessarily the best value wise. I converted primarilt because I wanted to rid myself of the tower, and the $1500 iMac 20" seemed the best for me. I do not envy you or anybody with the Vista system, and even though Dell and all of the big computer houses went with MS-Vista, it is obvious that business in general will never go with Vista. But there again, nor will they go with Apple-Mac. I think that I read or heard that MS will quit selling XP2K in the very near future, such as already happened or will happen next month. The iMac is totally tits for net surfing.

Gary,
Been using a MacBook Pro for about a 2 months now, best investment I ever made. Forget about Vista to many problems......

Mack

I would go with an abacus and an extension cord before I went with Vista.
They don't say "hasta la vista" for nothing.

You'll love these computers, especially when you realize how simple they are and how much they do for you! I've been a Mac guy since around 2000, haven't looked back. Enjoy!

I do graphic design, Flash, photoshop, web design. i'm wanting to start running some video editing software too. My Imac is awesome for these type applications. Runs intensive applications without *ussing out at anytime. I've had pc based platforms because of affordability since 1997, but now these imacs are priced better than back in the 90's. I have had this Imac since November 2007, I don't think it's ever crashed, and I throw a bunch of crap at it and doesn't hick-up at all. I'm a apple user from here on.

Apple - Get a Mac - Watch the TV Ads