Just got dynoed

PLUMIN

Very disappointing 249 hp 341 torque
He told me my car was running very lean
freshly rebuilt motor and trans
te44,42.5 and tt's chip
This guy told me that I need to get this "precision computer" in place of this stock ecm
How much is this thing? is it any good?

This guy told me that I need to get this "precision computer" in place of this stock ecm

That guy apparently doesn't know much about Buicks.

We need boost numbers, engine setup, fuel pressure. Plenty of stock TRs with stock parts putting those numbers down :cool:

He pointed out the word percision to me from my turbo that was stamped on to it...He said the same company that makes the turbo makes this new computer. I really just wanna know why its running lean and can I fix this?

Yeah, we need alot more info.
The whole drivetrain combo...all engine stuff, exhaust parts? aftermarket IC? aftermarket torque converter? Gears?
Was the torque converter locked or unlocked? I imagine it was probably unlocked. Hopefully in 3rd gear.
Have you tuned the thing at all? You can tune with a TT chip. If it was running lean, why didnt he, or you, turn up the fuel via the chip and/or the fuel pressure regulator?
Do you have a scanmaster? If not, get one and post all the numbers after the engine is warmed up.
This sounds like a guy who makes alot of money selling go fast parts to ricers who's parents have lots of money to blow on their kid's economy cars, with this "precision computer" thing. The stock TR computer is capable of tuning very fast buicks. How much did he charge you for this "expertise"?
What was the boost?

He pointed out the word percision to me from my turbo that was stamped on to it...He said the same company that makes the turbo makes this new computer. I really just wanna know why its running lean and can I fix this?

If you dont post all the stuff we're asking, then we cant know why its running lean. A turbo buick without a scan device is like having fries with no ketchup. Just dont go there.:wink: If you cant figure out what your combo is, and what all the diagnostic data is, then you should probably keep the boost at 14psi and just take it easy and read everything you can for a couple months. Its really important that you know how to tune yourself and how to adjust/replace all the sensors and why and when. A tuner who says its running lean and doesnt turn the fuel pressure up, sounds like a real automotive gem...or he's doing the typical hose job and sees a kid who doesnt know much about cars and is sticking it to him...creating problems that arent there so he can sell you cleaned up used parts you dont need at new part prices.

Freshly rebuilt trans and motor ...206/206 cam
Hooker exhaust
3" dp
44 turbo
42 lbs inj
tt's chip
17lbs boost
2800 stall
Scan master readings at idle warmed up are
AF=07
L8=41
int=128
BL=129
ATS=71
tps=.40
iac=27
cc=73
Malfu=24 23 15

your getting malfuction codes 24/23/and 15. might want to take a look at those first. after that a powerlogger and a good wide band setup like the LC-1 would help you dial that car in.

Check your WOT Tps... your numbers are low for sure... also I dont have the book here but you need to look up what those codes are for and fix them...

Yea clear those codes first! Get the car running right, no vacuume leaks or header leaks. I had the same exact combination you have and I dynoed at 425 hp. Is your fuel pump hot wired?

Ok, I could be wrong but... Check to see if those items are plugged in first.

As for data any help you are going to get is going to require more data then that. Can you or did you data log those dyno pulls? I am sure you have the dyno sheet but it will really only help if you have data to match.

You will need WOT number for 02 mv's and knock retard. Best bet would be to find a BUICK shop near you with a dyno so you can get it straightened out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at 17lbs of boost, those dyno numbers might be in line. ??

I'm assuming the check engine light isn't on, so those codes probably indicate an old problem, like the wires weren't plugged in at first when the engine was installed, but to be sure clear the ecm codes and see if they come back (unplug the orange wire by the battery for 15 seconds). Precision is a dealer for the FAST and BigStuff aftermarket engine computers so he probaby meant the FAST and just thought Precision made it. With 17 psi boost with a te44 and stock intercooler and 93 octane and a street chip, I would expect about 300-325 rwhp (say a 13.25-13.50 at the track). The dyno operator said you were lean so he must have been using a wide band O2 sensor - what kind of air/fuel ratio did you get?

Can I up the fpr or is that all controlled by comp.
I stuck and getting losing hope for this car.
No one around me knows about buicks.

walbro pump and hot wire kit
Can't understand why this car is not producing peak power.
Anyone in long island that can help me tune?

just take your time and ask lots of questions here. do lots of reading and searching of this board and you will learn this car quick.