Just got back from Vegas

bishir

Serenity Now
Who was driving that Syclone across the Hoover Dam? Nice Truck!

I pointed it out to my family and they just :rolleyes: at me. :p

Also, I thought the car museum at the Imperial Palace had a GNX? No GNX :( They did have a Twin Turbo V6 though in the from of a Jaguar XJ-220.

Lots of exotic cars too. Twin Turbo Porche seemed the exotic car of choice with a few Ferraris mixed in. My rental (Buick) was driving behind a Bentley once and I though I better switch lanes before I go bankrupt by running into the back of it. ;)

Overall, I think everyone should see Vegas once, but it's not the town for me.

1. I don't like losing money even though I'm good at it.
2. I don't like crowds.
3. A bunch of people in elevators speaking languages I don't understand. They were probably talking about me!
4. Did I mention crowds? It was even a slow week!
5. So Dry..... My wife and I got nosebleeds it was so bad. Never will I complain about Florida's humidity again.
6. People on every corner trying to hand out strip club advertisements. It got annoying fast...
7. The free shows were too crowded, though the Bellagio's fountains were worth it.
8. Crowds, this world needs a plauge or something... jeesh... ;)

James

Yeah, I lived in Nevada for a few years and I think it is the most beautiful state in the country. Only problem is, Vegas is the only part of NV that most people ever see and it is the armpit of NV. Sure, when I was younger I thought Vegas was the coolest place ever and spent alot of my time there, but nowadays when I go back to visit (Ely, Wendover, etc.) I always make it a point to stop there and it just annoys me. As you said, everyone should see it once, but what a s***hole. Drive north to Ely and enjoy beautiful scenery cheap-a** accomodations, no crowds, etc. (Oh, and when someone goes to Vegas, I always recommend staying at the Monte Carlo):D :cool:

Imperial Palace regularly rotates their car stock. I had seen Reggie Jackson's GN in there about 2 years ago.
When the city is funded by tourism, did you really expect it to cater to just white America?
The nosebleed thing sucks. If that comes up again, you can just use a little Vaseline in your nose.

>>When the city is funded by tourism, did you really expect it to cater to just white America?<<

Did I miss something?

Stone

Was there in Sept 1997

I just thought I lived in a hick town...Now I KNOW I DO!!!! Cant go ten feet without hearing a foreign language and I think i was the only sober person there.:eek:

Russ:cool:

6. People on every corner trying to hand out strip club advertisements. It got annoying fast...

You have to look at it in another way.

If you collect them, you can use them as entertainment. For example this year I slipped one in my buddies name badge at the SEMA show. :D :D :D

He kept wondering why people were looking at him funny.

Been shipping them with parts I have sent good friends.

Lots of uses.

I've never really been to the strip. In fact the only places I've been is Ghost Bar, the Real World Suite, and Club Rain. Lots of fun to be drunk and stand on that lexan and look striaight down. I thought I was going to get sick. It's a whole different world there, almost like it's not really reality. I got a call from a friend screaming that me and a good friend of mine were on Entertainment Tonight with Tara Reid. I didn't notice her being right there at that moment but the way it looks on camera, it looks like she's with us.

I like to visit Vegas but would never want to live there. New Years should be fun though. I should have some awesome pictures to post.

Me and a friend always go to Vegas in the 1st or 2nd week of March to bet on hoops. It's the best time to go. All of the college conference tournements are starting that week and the NBA is gearing up for playoff seeding. We can bet on hoops almost 24 hrs a day. The weather is also a nice change. When we leave Naptown airport it is always cold and wet, but the weather in Vegas is usually in the 70's and dry. It is a nice change from these shtty-ass cold midwestern winters.

Originally posted by cool 84
New Years should be fun though. I should have some awesome pictures to post.

This year, Metallica is doing a free 1 or 2 song set in front of the Venetian for a Fox special. I believe Paris and Nicole are also invloved. Also 3 Doors Down. It should be a great time this year.

In 1999-2000 I lived about 1/4 mile off the Strip and went to the party. Talk about the biggest letdown ever. Paris poured mylar confetti off the Eiffel Tower; no fireworks, no fun.

I absolutely love it out here. When you're off the strip it's like being in any other city (except the drivers suck way worse...). But, when you want entertainment, it's just a few miles away. Don't confuse living in Vegas with living on the strip. They are two different worlds.
As for the dryness, I hear ya. It's just silly dry out here... but when I went to Florida to pick up my GN I couldn't wait to get out of there. 9am and my shirt was stuck to me from the moisture in the air. The thing I really love about the dryness though is that you drive 5 feet in your car, get out, and when you reach to touch the door you discharge a static electricity bolt that could kill a small animal.

Peter

Come on Peter, I know why you love it here. You're a REALTOR. Is there any city in America more lucrative for a REALTOR than Vegas? Merry Christmas !!

Never got to go to the machine gun range because I was outvoted. As for the static electricity.... YOU AREN"T KIDDING AROUND!

Originally posted by Scott Atk
Come on Peter, I know why you love it here. You're a REALTOR. Is there any city in America more lucrative for a REALTOR than Vegas? Merry Christmas !!

Scott,
Well, I'm a little new to the game, so let's just say I'm not swimming in cash just yet. :D
Merry Xmas!

Peter