Just got back from the Track

Bobtempest

Staff member
Went a 10.84 @ 130.1 and a 6.96 @ 101.14 in the 1/8th

20lbs of boost. Its fat down in the low part of 1,2,3 but gets to 10.5-7 right at the end of the run. I have the timing low as well trying to be safe.

Here is the powerlogger file of the run. Any ideas of what I need to change and whats with the boost flutter. I have a low psi actuator and a heavily ported wastegate hole.

This was with a single nozzle with the gain maxed and mix of pump 93 and VP116. Im not trying to blow this thing up.

PLX wideband as well. Will not read bellow 10.0.

Thanks,
Rob Hinson

Attachments

• 1084@130.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 83
1.65 60'

1psi Launch.

Wonder if I am maxxed out the single nozzle?

Wanting to use the KISS rule of thumb with this setup.

Stock MAF, TT Chip, Single Nozzle

Went a 10.84 @ 130.1 and a 6.96 @ 101.14 in the 1/8th

20lbs of boost. Its fat down in the low part of 1,2,3 but gets to 10.5-7 right at the end of the run. I have the timing low as well trying to be safe.

Here is the powerlogger file of the run. Any ideas of what I need to change and whats with the boost flutter. I have a low psi actuator and a heavily ported wastegate hole.

This was with a single nozzle with the gain maxed and mix of pump 93 and VP116. Im not trying to blow this thing up.

PLX wideband as well. Will not read bellow 10.0.

Thanks,
Rob Hinson

car is picking up mad MPH on the back end. Whatever tuning your doing leave it alone. If anything work on the bottom end of the track.

At 130 MPH your making some power. If you dont get knock.. leave it alone.

1.65 60'

1psi Launch.

Wonder if I am maxxed out the single nozzle?

Wanting to use the KISS rule of thumb with this setup.

Stock MAF, TT Chip, Single Nozzle

Possibly.. but unless you run a pressure test on the system.. dont know how to answer. If your tank is coming down pretty good after a pass.. its more than likely ok.

car is picking up mad MPH on the back end. Whatever tuning your doing leave it alone. If anything work on the bottom end of the track.

At 130 MPH your making some power. If you dont get knock.. leave it alone.

Thanks for the reply. Yea Im going to leave the top end alone. Im just wondering what your thoughts would be as what I should do to the bottom end at making it leaner or turnining the duty cycles up like it is in the top of 3rd.

I am going to rev the car more than 5500 in Reynolds. I want to bring it up to 5800-6000. Perhaps bringing the shifts up will lean it out.

Thanks

PS the New Charger I ran on this pass didnt know what in the hell hit him. Just a normal Late 80s Fbody he thought. :biggrin:

WOW! Awesome mph for that launch.:eek:

Yea if you look at the powerlogger file you will see the boost going between 18-21 pretty randomly.

I need to figure this out and start dropping the hammer.

I know this setup is good for some easy mid 130s once tuned some more.

TTAFAN what plugs do you run and gap? What timing do you run as well?

Thanks

Great times. What is the run down of your set up?

Funny you say that about what people think when they see an old 3rdgen pull up to the line. One time a guy at the track had a brand new 2007 GT500 with bolt ons at the track. My buddy over heard his buddy say watch the GT500 tear my old 3rdgen up. Needless to say I made them eat their words. :biggrin:

Race weight 3755
BLOCK: 109 .030" 250ci Buick Motorsports 3.625 crank
HEADS: Champion ported TTA
CAM: 224/224 Comp
TRANSMISSION: Extreme Automatics Billet
TORQUE CONVERTER: PTC Dusty specd NLU
DIFFERENTIAL: Stock
INTERCOOLER: Custom 18 Row
THROTTLE BODY: 65mm
RJC POWER PLATE: nope HEMCO!
INJECTORS: 75lbers
THERMOSTAT: 160
TURBOCHARGER: 70 GTQ
VALVE SPRINGS: yup
MAF: STOCK!!!!
DOWN PIPE: 3 inch THDP
EXHAUST: ATR 3"
FUEL PUMP: Double Pumper
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR: Red Armstrongs Quad Air
FUEL PRESSURE: 42lbs
ALCHOHOL INJECTION: Alky Control Single Nozzle
PROPAIN INJECTION: NO
NITROUS: NO WAY
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE: 4" to stock MAF then to 3"
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE: ET Streets 26x11.5
AIR BAG(s): NO
SUSPENSION: STOCK
SCAN TOOL: Powerlogger and Scanmaster with PLX AFR
FUEL: 93 with 116 mix for starting to tune safety
CHIP: TT 5.6
CHIP TIMING: 19 degrees
KNOCK RETARD: 0
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE: 10.0.10.5 through 1-2 top of 3rd 10.6
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE: 1468
TRACK ELEVATION: N/A
TEMPERATURE: 68 degrees
PEAK BOOST: 20
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 1psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE: 300 miles on engine

Yea if you look at the powerlogger file you will see the boost going between 18-21 pretty randomly.

I need to figure this out and start dropping the hammer.

I know this setup is good for some easy mid 130s once tuned some more.

TTAFAN what plugs do you run and gap? What timing do you run as well?

Thanks

I either run Autolite 103's or NGK TR6's gapped at a tight .30. Timing is between 19 and 21. Why don't you run strait C16? Why the mix? Just curious.

I either run Autolite 103's or NGK TR6's gapped at a tight .30. Timing is between 19 and 21. Why don't you run strait C16? Why the mix? Just curious.

When I go back to the track it will be straight C116 in the tank.

There is to much money in this motor to risk it.

Any idea on the boost flutter?

Thanks for the reply. Yea Im going to leave the top end alone. Im just wondering what your thoughts would be as what I should do to the bottom end at making it leaner or turnining the duty cycles up like it is in the top of 3rd.

I am going to rev the car more than 5500 in Reynolds. I want to bring it up to 5800-6000. Perhaps bringing the shifts up will lean it out.

Thanks

PS the New Charger I ran on this pass didnt know what in the hell hit him. Just a normal Late 80s Fbody he thought. :biggrin:

Add timing and boost control/tbrake. And watch your tuneup like a hawk.