Just got a 86 gn questions/advice needed?

Here's what the car has so far done to it:

ls1 maf sensor
test pipe
adjustable wastegate
aluminum maf pipe with K&N air filter

I will have about 1-2k to invest in mods this spring what do you suggest?

I just asked the same question not to long ago with the same budget and here's what I was told. Alky kit, scan master, drag radials, rjc power plate, fuel pump and hot wire kit. That's a nice starting point and will easily eat through 2 grand

I just asked the same question not to long ago with the same budget and here's what I was told. Alky kit, scan master, drag radials, rjc power plate, fuel pump and hot wire kit. That's a nice starting point and will easily eat through 2 grand

This is a great starting point.... Thats if you have ALREADY gone through the basics....Thermostat, adj fpr, chip etc... Start with a good running car first... I mean make sure all the normal spring cleaning is done...ie "tune up." Before you start throwing parts at it.... You can have 10K in parts but if you don't have a good "combo" it wont run right... Trust me I have seen it before... We don't even know if you have a boost gage yet! Read Read and Read somemore on this forum and others...

This is a great starting point.... Thats if you have ALREADY gone through the basics....Thermostat, adj fpr, chip etc... Start with a good running car first... I mean make sure all the normal spring cleaning is done...ie "tune up." Before you start throwing parts at it.... You can have 10K in parts but if you don't have a good "combo" it wont run right... Trust me I have seen it before... We don't even know if you have a boost gage yet! Read Read and Read somemore on this forum and others...

Yes the car has 4 after market guage, for boost, rpm,oil and temp

Yes the car has 4 after market guage, for boost, rpm,oil and temp

Thats good... It sounds like you are off to a good start, I would find out EVERYTHING your car already has.... Take care of the basic items it might need first then go from there.... I was just trying to tell you not to start buying parts and throwing them at the car... I'm no where near an expert on build-ups so my advice to you is READ and learn about your car and what has worked for other people in the past. The only problem is once you are bitten by the go fast bug it is never ending.:)

Kind of depends on what you want to do with the car. Is it just a street cruiser/warrior? Drag car, etc?

I would say exhaust, alky, boost controller, tune. To start with.

A scan tool of some type, Scanmaster seems to be the preferred choice. After that, upgrade the fuel system meaning upgraded fuel pump with hotwire kit and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It's useless to upgrade injectors if the fuel system can't keep up.

A scan tool of some type, Scanmaster seems to be the preferred choice. After that, upgrade the fuel system meaning upgraded fuel pump with hotwire kit and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It's useless to upgrade injectors if the fuel system can't keep up.

He should do both at the same time. IMO

Once again at Tune Time, Matt plugged in his scanner after George secured the GN and calibrated the dyno's computer. The first pull showed we were up to 350 lb-ft torque and 223rwhp. On that pull the A/F was still lean at 12.1 to 12.3 during the power curve--this only meant we should have installed larger injectors to compliment the new fuel pump & "Hotwire" harness. For the minutes-later backup pull Matt dialed-in 10-percent more fuel. A/F was better down low (11.5 to 11.9) but still too lean (12.4) at the top of the pull. We decided to let it cool down (25-minutes) while Matt programmed 20-percent more fuel into the mix. This raised the torque to 358 lb-ft and horsepower to 239. The A/F was leaner and more unsafe 12.5 above 4000rpm. Looks like larger injectors will be mandatory before our next upgrade--we need Tim's 3.8 Turbo to stay alive!

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0908gmhtp_1987_buick_grand_national_simple_bolt_ons_install/fuel_injector_installation.html