Just Finished. 84 Regal Limited. =]

mikejustowns

So to start out I traded my old Regal for this all orig. Regal Limited. Sadly it is not turboed but has a GM 4.1 V6 that I plan to swap out down the road. I am big on looks so I wanted to get that out of the way first. About myself. I am 17 and go to a trade school and study plumbing and heating. I am obsessed with cars from the 80's. I first did up an 87 Bronco, then an 83 Regal with a 350 and this is my latest project. So far my plumbing co-op has supported my habit.

The regal has 128,000 miles on it. It had a few trouble spots for rust on the car but nothing major. I also have had to replace the tranny pan, valve cover gaskets, power steering pump, and belts.

S6301385.jpg

S6301420.jpg

S6301421.jpg

S6301422.jpg

S6301496.jpg

S6301497.jpg

S6301427.jpg

Body Shop

My school did all of the body work on the car. We decided to go with a single stage paint due to the cost. A rep. from Dupont came in the day my car was painted to teach the students about their products and show them how to properly paint with them. Here are some pics of the car in the shop.

S6301514.jpg

S6301515.jpg

S6301516.jpg

In the paint booth:

S6301665.jpg

S6301670.jpg

S6301667.jpg

Finished Product

Here are the finished pictures I took yesterday afternoon. I ditched the hub caps and bought some refinished T-Type wheels from Dwayne. Aside from the motor she is all done. =]

S6301741.jpg

S6301744.jpg

S6301740.jpg

S6301739.jpg

S6301738.jpg

S6301737.jpg

S6301736.jpg

S6301735.jpg

S6301734.jpg

S6301733.jpg

I do need to eventually get a new front bumper. Other than that I would like to put a GN hood and Spoiler on. I am not sure what else to do to make it seem sporty. I thought the T-Type wheels really made it different from Grandpa's Buick. So as long as I keep the hood closed at the car shows to hide my scrawny 4.1. I think she'll be alright.

Any suggestions to make the car look better. Besides engine swaps. =]

Cool car and a nice job on the repaint. :cool:

I personally think if you leave it looking just like it does now, but drop a turbo 3.8 in it, that would be awesome. I might even suggest putting the spoke hubcaps back on to add to the sleeper look. You would take many people by surprise rocking that setup. :D

Cool car and a nice job on the repaint. :cool:

I personally think if you leave it looking just like it does now, but drop a turbo 3.8 in it, that would be awesome. I might even suggest putting the spoke hubcaps back on to add to the sleeper look. You would take many people by surprise rocking that setup. :D

Haha yeah that would be kinda funny.

This is nice to see the younger gen. getting in to the 80's:cool: I have a 20 year old that lives neer me and calls me from time to time to get a part or ask about a problem. Nice job on the car!! I hope you like the limited. I did have an 82 but parted it out. Now i am working on the 86 that i have. Building it the way that i think that i want it. Just have fun with it.:biggrin: Nice plate on the front.:tongue:

This is nice to see the younger gen. getting in to the 80's:cool: I have a 20 year old that lives neer me and calls me from time to time to get a part or ask about a problem. Nice job on the car!! I hope you like the limited. I did have an 82 but parted it out. Now i am working on the 86 that i have. Building it the way that i think that i want it. Just have fun with it.:biggrin: Nice plate on the front.:tongue:

Haha yeah shes a good girl. I had the plate on my Bronco. I even upolstered the flag into my headliner. It was pretty sick. I also had a secret button under the dash that played the Dixie Horn from Dukes of Hazzard. Man that truck was fun. I ordered another horn to put in my Regal. I cant wait.

Haha yeah shes a good girl. I had the plate on my Bronco. I even upolstered the flag into my headliner. It was pretty sick. I also had a secret button under the dash that played the Dixie Horn from Dukes of Hazzard. Man that truck was fun. I ordered another horn to put in my Regal. I cant wait.

Car sure Does look nice! It's so great to see non-turbo cars getting saved, especially how yours isn't currently pretending to be more than it was meant to. It's as refreshing as actually seeing a slant six '70 barracuda! Cuz you Know alla them are Hemi cars now! Maybe a set of fullsize 15" wires and some 8"wd. rear rims mounting some meat would give it a serious sleeper attitude when ya get to the motor!?!

My southern buds all say there aint no rednecks like them Yankee Rednecks! My alarm clock plays the Dukes! :D :eek: :D

Car sure Does look nice! It's so great to see non-turbo cars getting saved, especially how yours isn't currently pretending to be more than it was meant to. It's as refreshing as actually seeing a slant six '70 barracuda! Cuz you Know alla them are Hemi cars now! Maybe a set of fullsize 15" wires and some 8"wd. rear rims mounting some meat would give it a serious sleeper attitude when ya get to the motor!?!

My southern buds all say there aint no rednecks like them Yankee Rednecks! My alarm clock plays the Dukes! :D :eek: :D

Thanks. Yeah she was in really great shape and an easy fix. I think I will probably keep her as stock as possible. I plan on building up the motor but I might not turbo it. Aslong as a can get around 350-hp from it I'll be happy. A

As for the Red Neck thing, I think sometimes my nieghbors hate me for it. I always bring home something or am always making noise in my garage working. Oh well.

Nice work. I also think its great to save the Regals, no matter what model. Maybe these cars will go the way of regular Chevelles and other plain jane cousins of musclecars.

Mike..........pm me your phone number and I will get hold of you this weekend..........Thanks, Dwayne