just bought the 87 street fighter, how is it??

loki993

was looking around on my favorite die cast site today and I saw the GMP buick street fighter on the site, had to have it. GMP is already sold out and im really not even sure they have any left, it said in stock, but I got it anyway. anybody have it?? how is it, I couldnt find any detalied pics of it. if not Ill let you all know how it looks when I get mine. first buick that I am adding the the collection :), but not the last for sure.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Car # 500 of 996 made. Pretty cool, silver car with black stripe on the side outlined in red. Same engine & interior as the 87 black drag car (8104A) & Tweaked (8010).

Here's some pics.

Attachments

• DSC05786.JPG
    DSC05786.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC05787.JPG
    DSC05787.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC05788.JPG
    DSC05788.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC05789.JPG
    DSC05789.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC05790.JPG
    DSC05790.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 233
a few more...

Attachments

• DSC05791.JPG
    DSC05791.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC05792.JPG
    DSC05792.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC05793.JPG
    DSC05793.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 229
well mine has been shipped, hopefully should be here soon. the car looks great. I wonder if based on somebodys car, never seen one like that before, it looks good. only 996 made?? that a small run. cool. I really shouldnt have gotten it, but I knew if I didnt get it now I probaly wouldnt have another chance to get one, at least not at the retail price. what else sucks is that since weve moved I dont have anywhere to display all my cars, I need to get a cabinet for them, but the ones I see are all a bit pricy for me right now.

Just do what I did for mine - go to home depot / lowe's, etc., and pick up some 12" wide x 4' long black/white or wood toned shelves & make your own! You can cut these in half for a 2 foot wide cabinet, or leave as is for a 4'. Buy 2 extra shelves to use as the sides. Screw them all together & there ya go! The shelves cost about $10 each. Mount this assembly to the wall. Then, they also sell plexiglass, so use that for the front (a semi-dust-free environment & keeps kids from playing with your toys!) You can build a 4' x 4' "cabinet" for less than $100. If that seems like a lot of $, consider how much money you've spent on the cars. How much is it worth to you to protect them?

Here's a pic of my cabinet containing ALL of the 1:18 cars (except for the recent sage one).

Attachments

• DSC05794.JPG
    DSC05794.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 212
that is a really nice setup. yeah I have thought of building my own. I may try that. looks really good.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Car # 500 of 996 made. Pretty cool, silver car with black stripe on the side outlined in red. Same engine & interior as the 87 black drag car (8104A) & Tweaked (8010).

Here's some pics.

What does the rear lic plate say???????

The silver colored license plate on the back of the car has the car #, which in this case, is # 500.

The front plate reads: Street Fighter, and has that logo on it (as shown on the box, fist on a tire).

I also just ordered one of these, they are nice and quite unique.

GNCollectables- Very nice collection of cars! The showcase is a great idea, I may do this myself, I have eight cars now. You can darn near sell all yours and buy a real Turbo Buick...:)

I also just ordered one of these, they are nice and quite unique.

GNCollectables- Very nice collection of cars! The showcase is a great idea, I may do this myself, I have eight cars now. You can darn near sell all yours and buy a real Turbo Buick...:)

Maybe... Or whenever you're ready to trade your real car for my diecasts, let me know! :)

Maybe... Or whenever you're ready to trade your real car for my diecasts, let me know! :)

LOL! I just don't think the wife will let me do it......She wears the pants:mad: :wink:

Actually it's funny you replied just now, I'm on my way to Home Depot to see what they have for the display case. I need something with a lock so the two boys don't play with'em.

My 6 year old collects the Nissan Skyline's.....he loves them, dunno why:confused: He will come around eventually.

ummm.... just tell her it's an investment!! :rolleyes:

As for a lock... dont bother... just get a big sheet of plexiglass & screw it directly on the shelves (unless of course, YOU like to play with 'em every once in awhile!) ... this drives my family's kids nuts :biggrin: they even asked one of the older kids to find them a screwdriver!

ummm.... just tell her it's an investment!! :rolleyes: I already used this more than a couple of time, I just don't think she will go for it:redface:

As for a lock... dont bother... just get a big sheet of plexiglass & screw it directly on the shelves (unless of course, YOU like to play with 'em every once in awhile!) ... this drives my family's kids nuts :biggrin: they even asked one of the older kids to find them a screwdriver!

Well I found a shelf that I could put probably 20-25 cars on, so now all I need is the plexiglass. Better start collecting more I guess now! Yes, knowing my boys they will have it taken apart and playing with them while I'm at work. I better be creative and design it with the latches inside, big lock and an eletric fence protecting the area around it:wink: