Just bought my first TR>I have some Questions... What injectors do I have? Etc.

Ev87Ttype

Okay. I just bought my first TR from my wife's grandpa. Its an WE4 w/94K original miles. Im 3rd owner. Im not exactly a newbie, but It has been 7 years since I have worked on a TR. My buddy had a GN and he used to bring it to my shop for me to work on. I know it has had the injectors and the chip changed to a turbotweak. How do I know what size injectors i have? they have a blue ring around them. The car is mostly stock except for: the air intake, fuel pump, fp hot wire, adj fuel pressure reg, valve springs, turbo tweak chip and injectors.
Also, can I make the factory wastegate actuator adjustable by making the rod adjustable? or do I have to buy an adjustable actuator to adj boost? (I plan on getting Julio's Razor alky kits.) Scanmaster and gauges are on the way. Also want to get a powerlogger and a wideband in the future. I got room for 4 gauges, Vac/Boost, oil pressure, water temp, and 1 more. Im thinking about getting a Trans Temp gauge but I dont know if there would be something else more useful, like fuel pressure or maybe just get a volt gauge. What do you think? Eventually I might install another pod to add a wideband gauge but that will be down the road.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

to determine what injectors are in it you could always pull out the tt chip and see what is written on the underside.

If the top of the injector body is blue, then more than likely you have what you call blue tops, which are 36 lbs ford injectors. They were very good back in the day, they had a good spray pattern. I went 11.77 @ 117.00 with those injectors.

If the top of the injector body is blue, then more than likely you have what you call blue tops, which are 36 lbs ford injectors. They were very good back in the day, they had a good spray pattern. I went 11.77 @ 117.00 with those injectors.
The entire top of the injector is not blue, it is just a blue ring (retainer) around the injector body.

Look closely around the perimeter of the injector. See if there are any numbers stamped into it.

As far as your spare guage... Probably a fuel pressure guage would be most helpful. Your trans temp should be about the same as your radiator temp. Install a 160 degree thermostat. That will help with both your tranny longevity & help reduce knock.

~JM~

Don't go with a Trans temp you don't need that . what's more important is a fuel pressure gauge to go with your water n oil gauges n boost gauge

The entire top of the injector is not blue, it is just a blue ring (retainer) around the injector body.
I checked my TT chip. It says, 5.6, 2378, 42# , street 93, 21deg/18deg, 15-17 psi. I know the
Don't go with a Trans temp you don't need that . what's more important is a fuel pressure gauge to go with your water n oil gauges n boost gauge
Thats what i figured. Thanks. Any reason why I should go with an electric over mechanical fuel pressure gauge (autometer ultra lite)? If i run copper line I shouldn't have any leaks. The gauge is way less expensive.

mechanical gauge means fuel inside of car in case of a collision the line may rupture and spray fuel inside the car and start a fire that's probity the worse case scenario

mechanical gauge means fuel inside of car in case of a collision the line may rupture and spray fuel inside the car and start a fire that's probity the worse case scenario
I know the gauge says "must be mounted out side the car". I could use an isolator but by the time i buy the gauge, isolator and braided lines, I might as well buy a electric. thanks for the input.;)

I personally don't want any fluids in my car. If there is a leak at the gauge, your car will be filled with water/fuel/oil, etc. I would run electrical if you can.

Nix

I run an electric one in the car don't like the hood mounted look . Electric works great for me , I would go the electric route .

You should always go with an electric fuel pressure gauge when mounting the gauge in the cabin. Same with the oil pressure gauge. Anything with a hot and/or potentially flammable liquid should always run electric gauges when mounted inside the passenger compartment. Nothing worse than trying to pull over while being sprayed with gas or hot oil.

~JM~