Just bought my first GN

NY87GN

I am a previous owner of a 07 Shelby GT 500. I just picked up my first Grand National. A bone stock 1987, I am very happy with it. I will post more questions im sure to follow about some upgrades…. One thing that has been kind of bugging me is the gauge cluster in my car, the previous owner swears its stock. I know what a stock 87 gn gauge looks like. Its not the best picture, but its looks like a GNX replica made by VDO. Can anyone shed more light?

Attachments

• IMAG0647.jpg
    IMAG0647.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 202
Congrats on your Purchase! what part of NY are you in ? No your dash is not stock. Only the GNX has a dash like this but w/ Stewart Warner gauges. I guess that's the only thing that's not stock about your GN ( ? ) Good luck with your New ride!

Congrats on your Purchase! what part of NY are you in ? No your dash is not stock. Only the GNX has a dash like this but w/ Stewart Warner gauges. I guess that's the only thing that's not stock about your GN ( ? ) Good luck with your New ride!
thanks for your reply, Im in Staten Island...

not a great picture but it looks like the gauge cluster I got from Poston's before they closed. It is much better than stock.
Makes ya wonder what else on the car is 'stock'.

Congratulations on your new GN and Welcome To Turbobuick.com!!! :)

My thoughts exactly, who would swap out a cluster, without any major upgrades.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That 40k mileage figure on the odometer isn't actual as you would have to add the mileage from the original odometer to it.

Yes, good point, I did pull a carfax prior to buying the car and it did list the mileage everytime it was registered.
Not sure...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That looks like the AVC (brand) dash that was popular when the cars were still pretty new. Provides more info than the stock dash did.