Just bought my first GN (87)

great. Yeah I plan to be at the track (not racing). A friend of mine may be racing his truck. What color is your TTA, I'll try to find ya.

great. Yeah I plan to be at the track (not racing). A friend of mine may be racing his truck. What color is your TTA, I'll try to find ya.

oh yeah youre on the slippery slope now dave! the balls rollin and you dont even know it dont you know the the scanmaster is the gateway mod!? youll be an ALKY-holic in no time:biggrin:

What is the "correct oil"? I see a variety of opinions on this.

you opened up a can with that question. i say the best is the one that dont drip all over the driveway. just change it religiously

;)
oh yeah youre on the slippery slope now dave! the balls rollin and you dont even know it dont you know the the scanmaster is the gateway mod!? youll be an ALKY-holic in no time:biggrin:

With "gateway mods" isn't the first one FREE?

Welcome and grats on the GN. I just bought my 2nd GN 2 wks ago. It was from Boston and it is a one owner. I don't have a Scanmaster yet but do plan on getting one soon. I do however have a temp gauge, oil temp gauge, and oil pressure gauge, and volt gauge.

...Also as stated above... Protect your GN/TR. I have mine in a locked garage, the car is locked (factory alarm), it has a Club on the steering wheel and it is getting another security device installed also. I don't want to take any chances. I would have to beat the ph*ck out of someone if they stole my car.

you opened up a can with that question. i say the best is the one that dont drip all over the driveway. just change it religiously

There seems to be a big argument over whether to use synthetic oil or not. Some folks swear by VR1 (Synthetic) and other say standard 10w30 with a Zinc additive. :confused:

I swear buy synthetic. It is whats in my GN and it has 111,000 miles on it. I also use it in my 03 Cobra.

It's all explained in the Turbo Regal manual. Look under the section under "changing oil" and it says:
Check dipstick.
If no oil is found, check driveway.
Measure spot on driveway, if over 5 feet diameter, add 4 liters. Repeat if necessary.

Between the front seal, rear seal, breathers, valve covers etc. I was quite surprised the Regal even came with a drain plug.....:biggrin:

All good stuff, I am a new owner in Pittsburgh as well. I am trying to get a handle on the scanmaster. As I mentioned, the prior owner has upgraded the car with many of the things within this thread. The prior owner gave me the computer program and all the tools to connect etc along with the directions on the Caspar Thumbwheel Chip. He seemed to think he did not need a scanmaster because he could monitor and I guess tune from the laptop. However, I am not sure if BOTH would not be a benefit and maybe convenience to have?

His TTA is white. I don't even know him and i can tell you that. It's like asking what color someones GN is.:D If his TTA isn't white then he painted it or it's worth a serious amount of cash.:D BTW welcome to the board of higher learning and welcome to the Pittsburgh guys. Check out the Northeast section to meet some nearby friends of GN's.

His TTA is white. I don't even know him and i can tell you that. It's like asking what color someones GN is.:D If his TTA isn't white then he painted it or it's worth a serious amount of cash.:D BTW welcome to the board of higher learning and welcome to the Pittsburgh guys. Check out the Northeast section to meet some nearby friends of GN's.

Apparently I have a lot to learn.

It's all explained in the Turbo Regal manual. Look under the section under "changing oil" and it says:
Check dipstick.
If no oil is found, check driveway.
Measure spot on driveway, if over 5 feet diameter, add 4 liters. Repeat if necessary.

Between the front seal, rear seal, breathers, valve covers etc. I was quite surprised the Regal even came with a drain plug.....:biggrin:

that ****e is funny!:biggrin: