just bought an 85 grand Prix

drew sharpe

just bought an 85 grand Prix wondering what parts are interchangeable??

This is a 3.8(gm crate motor so its proably the 109) with a t350, bucket seats on the inside(are these the same a tr just covered differently??) and vaccum brakes, I bought it for 250$us running and driving perfect. The body is rusted out so im gonna part it out. Are things like ac compressor,ps pump, bracketry and pulleys the same as 84-85 hot air cars??? I want to know exactly what I should strip off this car I have both hot air and intercooled cars. I know about interior peices except seats(?), shortblock,inner fenders,vaccum brakes and ????. Also what about the bars that go from fenders to core support. Are they any good?? Doesnt have triangle braces.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Drew

bucket seats eh? what color is the interior? does it have a console? if so are you willing to part with it???

i have an 85 GP myself. the fender braces are good.

what condition is the grill? both upper and lower pieces. i could use some for my other GP.

if you're willing to part it out at all let me know.

The bucket seats are grey,no rips,non power will clean up nice. It does have a center console but the top is barely holding on ,looks good in all but 1 place where someone wrote a telephone # on it(idiots) and its woodgrain. I think the grill is in good shape but ill have to check(cars at a friends house). Yes I will part it out. Just shoot me an email with an offer. freak@candw.ky Thanks Drew

i dont know how much to offer for a console or grilles.

i'd like the entire console, shifter and all. every last screw and bolt to it. its hard to find interior pieces for my car on account of the grey interior.

not sure how much to offer for the grilles. ive never bought any before. depends on their condition. as long as they are not cracked or have a chunk missing from them i'd take em regardless of how the chrome looks.

also the taillight assemblies. i could use some as spares.

im sure ill come up later with other stuff i could use.

Drew...I may need the tranny cross member if my other source can't find one. How much would you want for it? Thanks:)

Went and looked at the car,the center console has cracks on the sides and the top grill is cracked in 1 place. Bottom grills look good and the tailights are OK just a little spider webbing. The best interior parts I see are the seats, air vents(all work), pw switch covers,upper door panels, and the top of the center console doesnt look as bad as I thought the # was written in pencil. I can send pictures if needed. On the crossmember would you trade your stock crossmember for this one??? Thanks

I may......

depending on cost of shipping and if the one you have is the correct one I am looking for. I assume the frame on the pontiac is the same as the buick, thus the G-body designation. I am putting a TH-350 in mine so I need a TH-350 x member. I'll let you know soon. Also what would shipping be to/from 39208? Thanks;)

Pulled eveything off the car that I wanted including crossmember for you 6pack,and the vents for ebay ,so the cars headed to the dump on Saturday. I have no idea on shipping. If you want any parts youve got till Saturday My85pontiac, then shes gone.

Check and see if it has the extra bracing behind the rear seat before you ditch it! If so, I'd be interested!

Thnks....

Steve

Ever get around to checking behind the rear seat for me? (I notice it's Sunday, and the car was scheduled to be hauled away yesterday)

Thanks

Steve