Just bought a T-Type!

DigRun?

Quik Brick
I just bought a 1986 Buick Regal T-type with sfi, and i need some stuff....

-First i need a tensioner Assembly, cant find one, where can i get one?

-Next i need the Charging plug (the plug the goes into the Alternator to charge the battery), Dont know where to get one of those either?

-And i need a scanmaster, not sure which one to get, but i have some upgrades and want to make sure the car is rite,Which one should i get?, Dose anybody have a used one or new one to sell?

thank you :biggrin:

The belt tensioner assambly can be bought from advanceauto if you have one near you Part Number: 49369.It says its a $101.
The charging plug you may also find one at your local part store in the help section.
As for the scanmaster,if you buy a used one you should get the version 2.1.If you want to go even further you can get a powerlogger and then update the scanmaster to (i Think)2.2.I have not done this yet though.
If you really want to tune the car i would get a wideband.I have heard tuning using the scanmaster reading 02 volts isnt accurate.

I was looking at my VIN # today and noticed that it says my car is an 87', but my title says the year is 1986, the two numbers match, so i guess the person who issued the title missed it.

tensioner

Napa has them also.

1987 Turbo -T WE-4
212/212 roller cam ,heads ported ,polished, intake matched, 50lb injectors,RJC plate
160 stat ,msd wires, Dyno Tech Hi-Pro trans, Pro- Torque 9.5 trans ,Pit bull exhaust.
THDP,Gen 2 ,Extender chip, Pt-61 BB Turbonetics, Stock Intercoller w/ Dutt Neck

1972 Chevelle SS 402 4 SPD
1979 Malibu Classic 355 Turbo 400 12 Bolt 4:10
1987 Buick Turbo -T WE-4

welcome to the proud community of turbo buick owners! you'll find this board is really helpful in answering any questions. It's been a life-saver for me!

as for the scanmaster and any other parts you need, the "parts for sale" forum on this site is your new best friend!

Haven't taken any pics of the car, but i have the ones from the listing.

the guy took the Weld Drag wheels and put them on his GN :(, but i have GN wheels on it :biggrin:

i like my floor shifter. :cool:

got some rust in the common G-Body places, and need to put one bolt in the grill. But other than that its really nice. Not bad for a 16 year old car enthusiast, and im not the average 16 year old who cant drive or respect his car, or the one who crashes into a wall at 60mph.

Unless a previous owner swapped out the grille you have an '86. Also, if you want to do it right the bottom of the grille on these cars is held in place with 2 springs, not bolts. That is, unless the bottom part of the grille that the springs attach to is broken off which is pretty common. Mine is broken, so I have some zip ties holding the sides of the grille to the filler panels until the new reproduction '87 grilles and headlight bezels from Epitome Exclusives get shipped out. When that finally happens (I preordered mine back in May; just waiting for them to be produced) I have some new springs and a new Buick emblem waiting to be installed too.:) Nice car by the way, if you don't mind me asking what did you give for it?

you better have rich parents, or a good job because this car is gonna kill you

haha their far from rich, but i have a good job. I'm a Generator/Heavy Diesel mechanic at my uncles shop, and im taking my high school automotive class so i can get a higher pay, and hopefully work for GM as a tech.

Unless a previous owner swapped out the grille you have an '86. if you don't mind me asking what did you give for it?

yea its an 86' did some research after my prior post and figured out he book that we use at school to decode vin#s is wrong :biggrin: and i payed $3800 for it, id say i stole it from him :smile: there is a problem with the charging system that they probably couldn't figure out (most likely why it was sold) but i did. and i am going to repair it tomorrow.

inside interior panel over glove box look like an 86 but can't see totally. Bought mine at 13 and it has cost some big $$$$$$$$

www. nos 4 gn.com has the belt tensioner you need for 79.00. I'd give you the link, but because he is not a supporting vendor his web site link wont work.

What did you find out with the charging system?

For an alternator to charge, voltage has to be sent to the voltage regulator telling it to engage the generator. The wire is not sending any voltage to the alternator period, whether the wire has a short somewhere, or the pcm is not working correctly (probobly a short). So i jumped it and it charges, since i don't have the money to buy a new harness yet, i am going to take a positive wire from my fuse box and tie it in to the alternator plug. Which will sent voltage to the alternator telling it to charge. When i can afford a new harness i will fix the overall problem. My harness is all chewed up because a rat got in the engine bay and started having a meal of it :D Spent most of the day repairing allot of it and changing the tensor. Got it from NAPA

i want to have the body work done first and make it look nice, then im going to get a mild cam, and up the boost a little. its going to be my daily driver

you better have rich parents, or a good job because this car is gonna kill you

Well, at 16 I used a bike as my backup when the car went down!

Hopefully the car runs good for you! Just to warn you, my car has been a constant work in progress since I got it. But, most of the work has been upgrades;)

Had a few PITA electrical problems, sounds like you've already joined that club! Good for you that you have a good grasp on mechanical work, you'll probably need it!

Just bought aT-type

Hey, You have the same advatar comment as me what's the deal? I had mine first, so trying rewording yours alittle so we can all be different like are cars.