Just Bought a Duramax Diesel Have ?

Nojug

I just bought an 05 Duramax I was seeing what the best programmer to buy. Thanks Jay

It depends on how crazy you want to go. I have a firend with a Duramax and he has the Edge Hot Juice stacked with the Bullydog Downloader. He made 526hp/1014tq on a bone stock motor, cold air intake, exhuast, and the stacked boxes.

The Edge Juice seems to be a pretty killer upgrade for the Duramax.

Nojug said:
Cool thanks guys I was thinking about The Edge Juice or the TST performance.

I know that TST makes huge power for the Cummins, but I'm not sure what they have for the Duramax. By looking at the site, it seems that the TST PowerMax will not work with the LLY engine, which is what your 05 probably has. You may want to check and see if that information is still current.

The Hot Juice is good for about 180hp (I think), but a stock transmission isn't going to like that for too long. :)

I had a TST on my old Duramax (2003). Unfortunatly, they don't make one for the LLY motor, yet.

FWIW: I just did my buy-in on Edge boxes. I also sell the Superchips programers.

Cal, I guess you will end up with all my money since I just purchased an 05 Chevy with a Duramax. ;)

Have not got mine yet

Have not got mine yet but have done lots of research and as of now looks like going with edge Juice system. Seems to be best overall system. Talked with service from the dealership ALOT about this. They told me to first get around 10k miles on it. Second they said go with a box system where you can change power. Said programmers kept it PUMPED up too much. Said should be fine with controller just keep it turned down to around 1/3 gives you much more power and better fuel economy.
What sold me is a guy who is a semi-pro drag driver put one in his 04 plus exhuast and filter and LOVED IT. Said turn up on freeway at 65mph and spin the back tires.
Check with your service dept first becuase when comes warranty time you need them on your side.

I wish I lived near Hartline Performance I'd carry the Duramax for a Juice and the buick for a FAST.

6APPEAL said:
Cal, I guess you will end up with all my money since I just purchased an 05 Chevy with a Duramax. ;)

I (my parents) have an 05 duramax chevy, and we're about to get another one for our feed store. What would be a good chip to get for towing a whole lot of weight all the time? Maybe I can convince them to make it quick, for the sake of the store of course. :D

6APPEAL: Give us a call if you ever want one. I should be able to sell you an Edge Juice for about $100 less than Jegs. (321)863-2710

Sgrim: Most of the guys here use both a programmer and a box and "stack" them. My old Duramax made 421hp and 837 torque totally stock with a TST box and Superchip programmer

its turbo time: I would get a box that has EGT feedback (like the Juice)

Cal, you da man! Just let me get some miles into the new truck first. I haven't gotten 500 miles on it yet. Heck, I haven't even installed the FAST I got from you right before Nats :eek: . I've been too busy working on the home addition I just had completed :p and chasing my 18 month old little girl around :D . Thanks for the info.
John

I'd do a little more research on the boxes for the LLY engines. We've had local guys try 2 edge boxes on 2 different LLY's and they would not idle right. This was about 3 months ago, it appeared all the bugs still weren't worked out of the new boxes. They may have it resolved by now though.

I have an 02 with a 90 hp edge and love it. I hate driving a stock one after getting used to the power of the box. It does seem that with a stock tranny that there is not much use in anything over 90-125 programs because they end up cutting the power back. The stock allison just can't handle it.

I’m totally not a diesel guy. I’ve never owned one or worked on one and make no pretenses that I am remotely an expert, but what about the Banks Six Gun? My buddy bought one for his Ford and he loves it. According to him Banks makes the system for Dodge and Chevy. Is this system junk?

The Banks stuff is definitely not junk, but it is priced a little high. I actually like their kits....I had there Stinger kit on my old 6.5 GM diesel. It made a difference, but nothing could make that motor good.

I heard the six gun was not too good my buddy had a tst box on his 6.0 ford and it went out on him so he ordered the six gun and put it on and his said it was a dog with the six gun and sent it back he got his tst fixed and says it a night and day difference.

the best bang for the buck is a predator if you have a lly duramax's.i have one and i'm 110% happy with it. ;)