Just bought a 2000 GSE...QUESTIONS!

86brother

I had to trade in the 02 Z28 for a lower car payment today. I got a white/grey 2000 GSE (loaded)

are there any problems with these cars? my friend is a mechanic and says the 3.8 is a great motor. (I knew that) but what performance mods are there? what should, or shouldn't I do with the car? are there any secrets about them or is the 2000 any better or worse than the other models? Like the 2001 Z28 got the new Z06 intake.....

thanks guys!

3800 is a great motor, but leaks come with them to. I had just recently had the rear main seal, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, rack & pinion replaced. I would defeintley invest in an extended warranty, As far as mods you can see my sig down below, I hope to be runnning high 13's next month at the track.

Like SCREGAL said I would check out RegalGS.org/forum

Eric

cool thanks, my good friends work at the Buick dealership and I got the extended warranty with the car.

Lots of mods and more to come. A nice and easy 3.4" pulley will get you 20-30hp.

Here's some links to mods:
www.intense-racing.com
www.zzperformance.com
www.3800performance.com
www.grandprixstore.com

Make sure to check your SC oil level. It's available at the dealer, and usually needs topping off every 30,000 or so.

2000 is probably the ideal year.(better throttle body and intake) (although I'm not sure if they have a computer out yet.)

Have fun,