just arrived

spooky

some-body please tell me scanmaster 2.1 is an excellent tool because what arrived and what it cost well im in electronics by trade and i could build this thing. positive feedback please:(

Originally posted by spooky
some-body please tell me scanmaster 2.1 is an excellent tool because what arrived and what it cost well im in electronics by trade and i could build this thing. positive feedback please:(

First thing I'll say is, yes, it's an outstanding tool for street tuning, some even use it at the track as their only tool. Seems to fit that bill nicely for many!

I personally wouldn't be without one anytime the car's running.

But my first thought was. "then why didn't you"?? design and build one that is....
I've been in the Turbo Regal community/ownership now for over 17 years, and you hear statements like yours all the time.
Lot's of them over the years wondering, why can't someone make a nice scan tool that's user friendly, etc. And this, by electronic types like you and I.
An awful lot of people talked the talk, but only one walked the walk, and actually went to the trouble and expense to design, build and market said device.

Not just Scanmasters, but virtually any innovative product that has come down the pike for our T/R's, has suffered the same braggadocio claims, and complaints.

Doesn't seem to matter what it is in our community, somebody always comes along after the fact and says "I coulda built that for half the price".
Well, maybe, but mostly a lot of hot air and B.S.
Nobody seems to take into account the R&D time and expense, and the marketing, etc.

Sorry for venting, but I get so tired of hearing the same stuff year after year.

Hey, I got an idea, why don't you make a competing product (only it better be superior, and cheaper), and see where you end up, cost wise, etc.
Care to accept that challenge.

Again, sorry for the vent.