June 8th Buick Club Day 75/80 Dragway

TRDirks

Just another Tim ;-)
Old Nostalgia/WAIL Impala/Buick Club Day at 75/80.
June 8th, 2003
Gates open at 9AM.

Once again this year all local Turbo Buick guys are invited. You won't see us listed as being invited on the website as usual but Buick Club Day was listed on the recent flier and calls have confirmed that we will be welcomed.

Hope to see a huge turnout.

Tim, I wasn't able to get out because of a family obligation. Please post some times/results.
Thanks, Steve

Steve,
My best time was a 11.82 @115 mph. The track was not hooking as good as usual and lots of people were complaining about traction/60 foot times and such. I had installed some QA1 shocks in the front the day before and hoped to get some good 60's but as it turned out I had one that was almost as good as my worst 60ft at MIR on Memorial day. I guess I should go back to MIR to test them.

I think several people who would normally be there were not because of the threat of rain, however it was still great to see everone that did make it out.

tim...aaron told me that they made you slow down because you weren't caged but others were running the same as you or faster with no complaints from track officials. is that true?

great times also, what boost, chip, timing, gas were you running?

Yeah, they did make me slow down and not others. I was the only one without a fire jacket so I am searching the web to buy one right now :)

Boost- 20psi
Chip- Extender w/23deg low gear-21deg high
Fuel- Sunoco 100

You now you're moving when track officials ask you to slow down :eek: . Sorry I missed it. The slicks and E/T Streets are still virgin. I'm dyin' to run (not literally, tho).

Looking forward to gettin' together with everyone in the near future. Please post any future plans to run, or get together.
Take care.
Steve