Jumping a Double Pumper

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I went looking for the gray connector behind the alternator to drain my tank and found a few Hobbs switches and some wiring that I followed back to the gas tank. I presume its to turn on the second pump in the Red's double pumper setup the car came with. I'm thinking of jumping it where it runs off to the tank (around where my finger is on the black wire). But thought I would check first. I'm going to clean up the mess of electrical tape and crimp connectors while I'm in there as well, so I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

i-sJ7J87n.jpg

the far one is a volt booster
the one under fuse if for a secondary pump for double pumper, hopefully its switching a relay

the far one is a volt booster
the one under fuse if for a secondary pump for double pumper, hopefully its switching a relay
The pressure/Hobbs switch on reds setup goes directly to the pump, no relay is included with the kit. Not saying it could not be added by someone but never saw it done. To the op you can put power to the switched side of that hobbs to run the #2 pump. The terminals are exposed inside the shrink tube if you look in there. I have used a wide blade screwdriver in there many times to verify #2 pump operation. HTH

1429902544312.jpg

The connector you're looking for is not gray, its black. Just supply 12v to it and it will run the first pump so you can drain the tank.

Mine has that little pink connector in it. If yours has something plugged in just unplug and supply 12v.

You can also use the wire that gives power to the under hood light to connect to the black wire Tubodave pointed out to run the first pump---- a hot wire was provided by buick for us. almost like they what was gonna happen

Sorry for the confusion...I meant gray wire. Anyways, I couldn't find it back there. I'll check again, but someone has been rooting around in the loom pretty good. I assumed the Volt Booster was part of that assembly as well. I'm not really familiar with this setup, as I used Casper's volt booster years ago. That's why I thought I would double check before cutting wires. I personally wouldn't be really excited about relying on multiple Hobbs switches to get my fueling done, but I guess that's how it was done back in the day.

I'll look for the black connector again and tie in to the switched side of the double pumper Hobbs switch if I can't locate it. Thanks.