Julio: Different alky reservoir needed

Jer

Don't know if you remember me as it's been a while since we've chatted but I bought a kit from you a year ago. I have the Typhoon with the engine bay that is pretty wide open and free of clutter so we weren't sure what was going to work. You sent the standard washer fluid container and I had to modify it to work where I needed it and it's leaked ever since when completely full. Not only that but the pickup is on the front side and the sensor is in the wrong place too and goes off when above half full which is a constant PITA. I would like something like the 1 gallon upright fuel cell as I think that would be MUCH better for my setup. That way the pickup can be on the back bottom and I can mount it near my pump like the current container. I saw another Typhoon where you had rigged one of these up and was wondering if you had access to them cheap or if you could tell me how to change over the low level indicator to one of them. Let me know what we can do here as I'm preparing for the season now that I finally have the room in the garage.

There have been changes to the Syclone reservoirs over the last three years. Including wiring to the factory low level sender on the IC so it limits boost if it goes low. The tanks now have sensor on the front. The old tanks had the sensor on the top.

One problem you will have with alcohol is having anything float. Its specific gravity is 20% lighter than water, so things want to sink rather than staying up. The new float is better.. but at half tank will blip when you accellerate the truck using the stock SY/TY GM tank.

The one gallon Jaz tank is what I use for the cell, and you'll need the mounting brackets as well. The fitting has to be changed on the tank, the hardware changed to stainless, and the float installed. There is no inexpensive when it comes to a fuel cell. The tank may be cheap, its the rest that always adds up.

Contact me at my shop phone number for business inquiries. I try and keep the forums for technical questions, hence why i've answered this way.