Jim Ruggles

I had not heard that, I worked with Jim from 86 until the shop closed, lost contact the last with him over the past few years

RIP, Jim. One of the good guys!

He was one one the best engine guys that the ever was, he single handedly made the stage 1 and 2 what they became. We had a lot of fun making the rules guys try to figure out what to do with the V6 against the V8's

I had not heard that, I worked with Jim from 86 until the shop closed, lost contact the last with him over the past few years

Steve, I thot your name sounded familiar!! I was about to ask you, when you posted the above. :D
I remember the woman that did the engine assembly, but can't remember her name...You recall?
Where are you living, now?
I'm < an hr from Jim's old shop, out I-20 east, Madison area. I STILL haven't learned not to fool w/ hotrods....o_O
With your work at Jim's, I imagine you also know Garry Grimes. He did a lot of the IMSA Buick stuff.
I'm taking an engine to him next week. He's in Alpharetta.

Sorry to read this, we lost another great Buick pioneer. RIP and thanks for all you did for these cars.

I am in N Fl now, do restoration work and historic race cars and engines on the side, hard to get away from it I guess. I do remember Gary. Tomoka Brady was her name, I think she ended back in Tallahasse .

Have not not much V6 work in a while but in reading thru some of the post seems some things have not changed all that much engine wise.

Wow, bought one of his books and he helped me with working on the carb for my 71 Skylark. RELLY nice guy! He will be missed.