jim ruggles

futten

anyone know if jim ruggles is stil around? i was watching a recording on youtube from 84 kelly american challenge and a race driver in a buick v6 car mentioned that name and i thought maybe if hes still around i could get some advice on my engine build

Nope

He closed his business up about 10-15 years ago and went on a motorcycle ride across the country was the last I heard.

Shane has one of the last engines he did sitting out in his shed that's been 4.90s in the 1/8th.

Now his head machinist might still be around but I cant remember where he ended up. Seems like Ive talked to him since Ruggles closed but I dont know where unless it was Reed Cams and apparently they closed up in 2009 which is a damn shame because they made probably the best flat tappet cam ever for these cars for the street.

Jim got busted up on his bike, some yrs ago. [Somewhere around Chattanooga, AIRC.] Last I heard, he was working at Elliot's engine shop in North GA.
That's been several yrs back......

I have to say, I had a Ruggles turbo on my first T-Type. That damn thing was the fastest spooling turbos I have owned.
Its a shame he closed his business.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have to say, I had a Ruggles turbo on my first T-Type. That damn thing was the fastest spooling turbos I have owned.
Its a shame he closed his business.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Any one catch up with Jim Ruggles lately

Any one catch up with Jim Ruggles lately
Been some yrs since I've seen him. My last contact was at Ernie Elliott's place, in Dawsonville, GA. Jim was working there.
I heard he had a bad bike accident....Have not had contact w/ him, since.

I new about the bike accident, had heard that he went back to California some time after that. He had been working at Ernie's for a while, I work with Jim from 86 until the shop closed, last one to leave.

About 6 or 7 years ago I tracked him down and he was in North GA still. Tried to get him to come to the Nats ...wasnt interested. At the time there was 2 stage 2 engines that he was working on out of a boat from Panama IIRC that Ernies shop had that Jim was assisting on doing a freshen.

My bud, Dave Emanuel, [RANDOM TECH], did a book w/ Jim.
Over the yrs, I've sent a few copies to various members. Supply is gone....:(