Jim Morrison's 1986 Rosewood T-Type 891 rwhp @ 30 psi

Thanks Cal. Cal, can I get a 4788 with a quick spool valve, like the Supra's? Those really do make a difference, add that then some meth with extra injector etc and your killing it. What do you think?

I'm pretty sure you can get one, just not convinced it is necessary. There was 5 47/88 cars in TSO. All of them cut great lights with Rob Earl cutting an .005. If you are having troubles, make sure your brakes can hold a pound or two of boost. If they are fine, I would look to the convertor and spoolup tune.

agreed Cal. problem is the t6 PT91.5 g trim I have now. Yes, I can spool it with a 100 shot, but its still not as quick to spool as the smaller 88's. I keep going back and forth, 88 or keep what I have? I just dont want to have to change out my headers and my turbo, thats gets expensive. Is there a way to keep the headers I have, If I stay with a fat t6 4788?

Yes, the T-6 47/88 is on a couple TSO cars. It will bolt right in the same place as your 91.5mm. It should spool faster and NOT slow the car down at all.

Thanks, is there any restrictions per TSO that would limit the 88 I could get and use? Thre is alot of turbo's out thre, some 88's are bigger then others, and of course I would rather use the largest I could get my hands on. This is one, I like by Garrett
GT-5533 88T ET-R billet DBB 1600+ .96, 1.08

Thanks, is there any restrictions per TSO that would limit the 88 I could get and use?

6. TURBO: Maximum compressor wheel size is 88.0 mm /3.464” - inducer wheel diameter and exducer diameter of 127mm/5.000". A maximum tubine exducer diameter of 93mm/3.66". Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.544”where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Turbos with compressor wheel inducer diameters of 82mm and smaller will have no limit on compressor exducer size and turbine size. Large frame thumper series turbos are not allowed in any configuration. Turbine and compressor housings must carry a manufacturer part number that is readily available to the general public prior to Jan1 of the current race season.

Compressor wheel to housing clearance must maintain a maximum of 0.080” clearance beginning from a) where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet of the compressor housing to b) the transition point where the trailing edge of the compressor wheel meets the volute. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. Exotic material wheels prohibited. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension. (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel).

Turbo must be located within the factory engine compartment with stock turbo orientation. The turbo must not be mounted forward of the factory core support and the inlet has to be facing the drivers side of the car and mounted as close to the stock location as possible. The crossover pipe can be in any location.

Any competitor is subject to inspection and removal of compressor housing. If protested by another competitor, the protesting competitor is required to put up $100 which will be given up if the turbo is found to be legal. Anyone found to be illegal or unwilling to remove the compressor cover for inspection will be automatically dis-qualified and removed from the point series.

The "Pro Mod" 88 isn't legal in TSO because the turbine wheel is too large. Quint, I will give you a call in an hour or so, and I can clarify the cost/hp ratings/spool up, etc..

well i know jimi calls it Bad A$$ and it is,I call it the silent killer, if he ever sells it which i doubt ill be the first one in line, beautiful car.