jeep steering upgraded shaft/bolts

Hey buddy! Did you do this upgrade yet? Need to replace my steering box, so decided to do the upgrade. Bought a shaft off Ebay, it was the wrong one. Just went to the junk yard today and picked up a nice shaft for under $10. Searching the boards to see how to make my new shaft slide in and out. I pulled the plastic off, but it is still holding firm. I don't know if there is actually plastic inside the shaft that needs to be heated. Also, just tried to slide it on the new steering gear and it doesnt want to slide right on. PS lines were rusted and seized, so they snapped once I was finally able to break them loose from the gear. Just ordered another set. Good times!!! Hope you are well, take care!

Tim, I purchased mine from Lsjm1 it was a pretty easy install, I had to grind a slot in my upper steering linkage to get the upper retaining bolt to fit.. if you need any help pm me.. Ed

Sounds good, thanks my friend. Sure would be a lot eaiser if I was still up there and we could just do this face to face in the garage. Hopefuly I'll see you again soon!