Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

realspartan

Hi Guys,

This was one of my most satisfying kills. Didn't really pay attention to an SUV riding in my blindspot for several blocks until it got annoying. I looked over and it was not the average SUV... it was an SRT8. I guess he was looking at the car and wanted to see if I was game. We were cruising at about 30MPH until he decided to throw some bait by accelerating a little more so i can notice him. He was now about half a car ahead of me. That is when enough was enough. WOT and he was behind me in no time trying to catch up. The light up ahead was red; we both stopped me in the left lane him in the center lane. It was time for the showdown. My main concern was traction... I had one foot on the brake and the other on the throttle; no brake torque. I decided that at green I would let go of the brake and just mash the throttle... I knew traction was not an issue for him so I hoped for the best.

At green even for less than a second and then it was over. Reached the next red light and I was at least 1 and a half car lengths ahead. It wasn't really close. I did not bother to race again at the next light; it would have been a waste of gas. He took off quickly but didn't toy with me again for the next mile or so until we went our seperate ways proving to me that he knew there was no doubt in his mind he would lose once again.

I always liked the Jeep SRT8, I am still considering purchasing one but it was a nice feeling to have taken one down with authority. The exhaust note on those Jeeps sounds mean.

Regards,
Realspartan

Good kill

But i have seen a jeep str8 run nines.be glad you didnt get that one .4 wheel drives a hard one to beat from a dig in street atire so you made the right choice with the brake and the gas . Id be out looking for kills right now if it wasnt rainning ..

I had one pull up next to me while I was doing around 40 when I was in my LS1, we both nailed it and he hung right next to me until like 120 :eek: Those things are fast!!!

They are fast but the weather conditions were on my side and that helped a lot. It was night, dry, clear and a tempertaure of about -3 C/26 F. Idea conditions for the GN.

Regards,
Realspartan

But i have seen a jeep str8 run nines.be glad you didnt get that one .4 wheel drives a hard one to beat from a dig in street atire so you made the right choice with the brake and the gas . Id be out looking for kills right now if it wasnt rainning ..

There is one here on the streets, running 9s.

Built motor, Ford 9inch, and a KB 3.4 on it. :eek:

Last year I saw a small group of them at NED. They were talking at all the mods they had. Best run was 12.2. I heard some crazy numbers for cost of heads, exhaust, tune, etc, not including buying the thing. Too rich for my blood...

Nice kill. Some of those things are pretty quick. Seen a couple at the track spin off low 11's like it was nothing (modded of course).