Its Offical, February 7th at Fontana!!!!

Originally posted by Gacmech
Count me in!.....BTW Fontana..is that near the Fairplex?:confused:

If you need directions just email me and I will find them and send them to you. Thanks.

that makes 7 so far! Hopefully Neil and Jason will come, their buicks are pretty sweet, low 10's too!

Ya this is going to be rad!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

just a thought

you should be looking for a job instead of organizing buick get together don't you think? ;)

XxDarksidexX

Yup my buddy is coming, and hopefully he will have all his goodies bolted on by then:) Looks like this will be a good turn out:cool:

Ray

excellent ray! thanks for the response. This is going to be a really good turn out, I can't wait. Unfortunitly I will be in a wheel chair, buuuut that makes me easy to spot out and say hello:D

Offical count is 8 so far!

Tonight's drags at fontana were packed....I suggest everyone get there by 2pm on the 7th to secure a run card. They limit the event to 500 cars, and they were turning cars away tonight:eek:

lotsa hondas too :mad:

-scott wile

thanks but no thanks

i will not go beat up on my car and then cry then i need parts when it breaks, plus who would want to stand inline with 500+cars wait 1 hour to make 1 run if lucky get 2 runs the whole night for my 20 bucks, just to give a show to some fools and prove that my car is fast, i rather go buy me a six pack, some burger paddies some buns and have me a nice little bbq at my house. i think i will pass.

Yup...people were getting only 2 maybe 3 runs max. Maybe Irwindale is an option?? I usually get 6 to 8 runs there in a 3 hour period. 1/8 mile seems to go much quicker in terms of turnaround time. Darkside, do you hear me knockin??:D

-scott wile

Re: thanks but no thanks

Originally posted by wiked87gn
i will not go beat up on my car and then cry then i need parts when it breaks, plus who would want to stand inline with 500+cars wait 1 hour to make 1 run if lucky get 2 runs the whole night for my 20 bucks, just to give a show to some fools and prove that my car is fast, i rather go buy me a six pack, some burger paddies some buns and have me a nice little bbq at my house. i think i will pass.

K good, dont come then. Easy as that, you can download my movie from the board when its posted while drinking your beer, hows that? O by the way, I loved ur "cheap ass" comment to me :rolleyes: ......i dont even know you and youve left quite a first impression so good job!

So chevota ur out? Dont let this guy have an effect on you, its going to be one hell of a day!!:D I hope not, I was really looking forward to seeing you there. Besides, Fontana is always packed. A good cure is to get there early like you said and get those 2 or 3 runs in before everyone is there.:cool:

Some of us in Vegas might be interested. Is Fontana really Bakersfield or where is it?
Can you just post the directions?

Jack
Get on the 15 and drive south till come to Cherry Blvd at the bottom of the Cajon Pass , make a left and in about 4 miles you will run into the gate on your right.

REG

Did I mention that they're checking license, reg, and insurance in the tech line? I guess if I can find about $300 to get my truck smogged and registered then I'll bring it out. They were supposed to have the track open to race cars this year but I guess not:(

-scott wile

hhhmmmmm, so can you bring a truck /trailer? Or only driven in cars allowed? My car is registered etc...but I would trailer down maybe , if it breaks it isn t that big of a deal.

BTW, how good is the track? Whats the altitude? Whats the ussual DA? Im looking for good air.....Do they prep the track?

How late do they run? Is there anything going on after? Is there a swap meet that wek end? pomona or longbeach?

Previously posted by 1320:
"Is there anything going on after? Is there a swap meet that wek end? pomona or longbeach?"

I can't answer much else, but not much else is going on that day as far as the ponoma swap meet, which is this coming Sun., 18th Jan., 2004, and isn't scheduled again until sometime in March, 2004.
Long Beach Swap meet was just yesterday, 11th Jan., 2004, and isn't scheduled again until 8th of Feb., 2004, the day after the drags.

Good luck to everybody that runs, and even the ones that don't.

You can trailer the car but it has to be registered with insurance and run with closed exhaust.The track is a good track and the last time I was there they did prep it.The altitude is about 2000 ft.
I am not sure whats going on at pomana but I will try to find out for you. Nobody has made any plans for after the race that I am aware of.

REG

Hey Reggie, thanks for filling in on the information. I was just going to ask you to answer but looks like you got here first. Thanks again Reggie, oh by the way what was your AIM screen name? I edited the video from carls bad and now it has titles, names, music and captions in it; so if you want me to send it to you log on to AIM. My screen name is Brwnso1jahh.

PS I will be there once they open the gates. And I will have a big banner that says, "Turbobuick.com" so everyone will know were to meet in the pits.

fontana

i have talked to a few guys local and they are interested we might try and caravan there i will know better how many of us in about a week...

another question? You have too run with a closed exhuast? Do they decibel check you? Or is it likely a turbo car would not be noticed? I ask cause I have an electric cutout, I could open it up as I stage and close it up at the finishline.

Hmmm, longbeach swap meet is pretty good.