It's Everyday.........

used to actually cause accidents.:D True!

HA HA that actually happened to me & Pronto. We were sitting at red light near a cruise night & young guy in a nice late 70's Z/28 was staring at our car while we wait for red light.

BANG! he rear ended the car infront of him. It all unfolded right in front of us as we drove off howling...

Since I live in a small town but haven't gotten to drive the car yet, I haven't had any comments, but where the car is parked I get slow drive by action. No engine ect in her yet so I'm not worried. Sorounded by a fence and neighbors that shoot first and ask questions second helps. A couple of the "hot rod" guys know it's here and have already tried to buy it though.

I was just topping off with SuperUnleaded today and a guy 1 pump over yells out real loud "NICE RIDE BRO!!!!" and points. The other 30 people there turned around and looked. I just waved and said "thanks" and got out of there. Don't know why he had to be so loud. Then they all watch as I drove away.

while at a car show with diaz 87 in elmhurst there were a few monties there so i was saying hey nice grand national and getting some strange looks to say the least. on a briter note this kid had to be about 11 or 12 was riding his bike down the alley and just stops and says wow a buick grand national. it amazes me that a little kid knows more about cars then alot of older so called car guys

I pulled into a allinment shop just the other day. A guy that worked there was walking by as I was backing in the shop. I heard him tell one of his co-workers "there it is, the sleepiest of all sleepers". I kind of thought for a second and then realized he was refuring to my car. It was either that or I looked really tired. Hell, it's been so long since I've driven it, I forgot that people admire our cars. Oh yea I almost forgot to mention, allinment was fine but, both of my rear rims are bent. I could not visually see it but I could feel it, I new something wasn't right.

I had the GN out for a bit yesterday after putting the new setup on it. Just taking it easy on the car. Finally got the ignition sorted out, and there's no more vacuum leaks (thanks Doc). Put some fresh 93 in and went for a ride. Got some looks by a guy and his two kids in a Fox 5.0 convertible. They seemed impressed. Also got respect from a guy in a LS-1 Camaro that did sound pretty healthy. Moved good too. He knew what it was, and was pretty close on the year. He thought it was a 87, but it's a 86. Not a big deal.

Hopefully tonight I can start playing with the tune some. Still need to put my PLX w/b in, so I'll be taking it easy.

at the parts store today I got "thats the supercharged one, right?"

A little part of me died right there.

So where the hell is that coming from cause I got that too at a car show last week.

"Is that supercharged or Turbocharged"

So where the hell is that coming from cause I got that too at a car show last week.

"Is that supercharged or Turbocharged"

Who knows....who knows...

The thing is, the guy was looking in the gaskets book (header gasket) and I told him its a 231ci for an 87 regal..he even wrote it down, and still goes "that's the S/C'd one right?"

All the while I hear two turds talking about their BMW's that they want to turbo and how cool BOVs are...

I haven't had my GN long, and up until yesterday, all of the comments have been positive. Yesterday I'm sitting in traffic, and some jack@ss in a Mudstain going the other way starts yelling out his window at me. "Grand Nationals suck!!" Then he flips me off! :rolleyes: I'm guessing he's gotten spanked by too many of them in the past. ;)

I haven't had my GN long, and up until yesterday, all of the comments have been positive. Yesterday I'm sitting in traffic, and some jack@ss in a Mudstain going the other way starts yelling out his window at me. "Grand Nationals suck!!" Then he flips me off! :rolleyes: I'm guessing he's gotten spanked by too many of them in the past. ;)

He has turbo envy. :biggrin:

A few people that see my white T with the bulgy hood and blackened out tail lamp bezels/grille/headlamp bezels actually has some sort of idea what it is. Others just write it off as "some grandma car".

My restored Chevy Nova is a different story...I get all sorts of looks, thumbs ups, questions....from a multitude of people.

All are good stories and very true. Those cars do get the attention. I know mine did.

I can't wait to get another one someday.

Hate the attention the GN brings.

Hearing "nice car" and taking to all the idiots gets old, quick.

Gotta get me a nice grandma looking TR and be done with all that :)

Got a couple more today. I got a thumbs-up from a trucker as I passed him on my way to work. His rev limiter must have been set at 55 mph........ :)

When I went to get my lunch at a local pizza place, A couple of college girls in a car said " sweet car" as they were pulling out of the parking lot.

The coolest thing to happen to my was back in HS I was parked next to a McDonalds in a real nice neighborhood, and there were these two ghetto dudes from Oakland, and a rich prick comes up to a store next to us and parks his brand new Lamborghini Gallardo.

The two dudes are looking at my car going "HOLY **** A GRAND NATIONAL!!!!" and just going on like "man you see nationals and regals but never a GRAND nationals" (obviously they didn't know too much besides a grand national)

The guy in the gallardo is getting kinda pissed that these guys are looking at my car more than his, and he pulls out and tries to burnout but just chirps the tires and we all start yelling him and bustin on him. Then I pull up behind it and just LAY DOWN some smoke and rubber and the dudes just flip their ****. The guy in the lambo couldn't believe it.

It was one of the coolest things ever. A rich prick with his girl in a lambo got ragged on and lost out in favor to an old buick. I couldn't have asked for anything better myself.

And that is probably the greatest moment of owning that GN....besides beating a brand new off-the-lot Carrera S after the guy didn't even believe I was serious about racing him.

But yea....geting more props than a lambo makes you realize just how awesome these cars are.

You will get even more positive results if you tell them it has a 350 in it... I tell people it has a V6 and they turn around and walk away.

You will get even more positive results if you tell them it has a 350 in it... I tell people it has a V6 and they turn around and walk away.
Amazing how the 6 just gets a "meh" reaction. That is, of course, until the naysayer gets taken for a ride. I can't get enough of the ":eek:" factor from first time riders (in both the GN & the Jeep for that matter). :D

The same with me. I get allll the thumbs up, and the "wow, nice car" comments. It does make me feel good, I must admit :)
When I was younger, I had no clue what this car was. I only thought it was an all black version of the older regal (83) I had, and I wanted one cuz it was the coolest looking car on the planet. I didn't know it was fast, or rare.
Though, NO girl knows what this car is, or even cares. They only call it an "old boat" :(
Girls only like really small cars (cuz they're "cute") or really new sports cars (vettes/f bodies) but the guys all love it.
And I am also afraid of the negative attention. Which is why I carry a Sig PRO on my hip. You'd have to kill me dead to get these keys.

But lately, I can't get a race to save my freakin' life... It sucks. I guess word of mouth really does travel. I've beaten soo many people a few years ago, noone wants to race buicks anymore... Ahh well, I've been out of the scene for 2 years now because of the Army, so we'll see what's out there next summer.

I got one, sort of, last night. This guy comes into my part time job, and said, "Somebody told me if I came in here with $8,000 I could get me a Monte Carlo." I said, "If I knew anyone with a Monte Carlo, you might." and told him he was about $8,000 short of getting a Buick. :biggrin:

He told me, "It sure looks good" and then asked what size engine I had in that Buick. I thanked him and said, "Oh, it's just a V-6. A little 231." He looked kinda funny and said, yeah but it's not stock." I just grinned and thought, this guy doesn't have a clue.

Just had mine glazed at work yesterday and got an actual 14 comments on the way home. Every one of them was jaw-dropped expressions. The car looks like the paint is a foot deep with the reflections. This woman does AWESOME work. :)

Attachments

• Sandy_N_Tyra02.jpg
    Sandy_N_Tyra02.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 101