It's done!

turbopete

Tug Driver
After at least 2 stereo "experts" installed new head units, cut the doors, replaced speakers and other questionable work, I asked Gary K to meet me at the Nationals and fix the GN stereo the right way.
We used a stock CS II radio for the head unit (my requirement for the stock look), an Infinity Basslink powered subwoofer and a Rockford Fosgate 400x4 amp. Two crossovers and some other gizmos were needed to manage the old stock head unit and the new speakers. Installed Dynamat on the doors, shelf, floor and sides of the trunk. The sub, crossovers and amp are mounted to a piece of birch on the shelf under the carpet.
Installed a component speaker set in the doors, using the tweeters in the stock dash location and the mids in the CS II door enclosures. Used a new set of 4x10's in the rear deck.
A new trunk kit from Kirban made it a finished product. I am considering putting in a false carpeted door to wall off the components. Will see later.

It looks professional, sounds great, and is stock appearing inside.

Gary K is the man. Thanks!

Attachments

• new trunk picture.jpg
    new trunk picture.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 350
Looks great!! I heard this particular sound system this past weekend and I must say it was crystal clear. The install Gary did was incredible. Very clean, harmless to the car, and everything was topnotch.

Looks great Pete!!!!!

Jason

What brand of component speakers were used? How does it sound with the tweeters in the dash location?

I have been thinking of doing the same but was not sure where I would install the tweeters.

By the way I also have the same Sub. This sub rocks! I think most people would be surprise how nice this sub works. Fills in nicely!

Looks great!

Dannyo

The components

Rockford Fosgate.
The tweeters in the dash are fine. Gary mounted them so they are aimed at the opposite front seat instead of up at the windshield. They can be a bit bright sounding, but I turned the EQ down a bit and all is fine.

Dash speakers

I don't have any pictures of the tweeters in the dash. They were glued in, facing the opposite side.

So, that was you Gary was helping put in the stereo system. Looks really nice. :cool:

Saw and Heard it too, 1st Class, even thinking of Shippng my car down to him to do the same in mine!!