Isuzu NPR Intercooler

motorhead445

I heard that a Isuzu NPR intercooler is a good unit for a"Budget front mount".Where would I find one these units?What year did they come in(I would like the larger one).Also would any one have one for sale?

ScottieGNZ ran one in his GN powered 240Z and said past 400hp they become very restrictive and have major pressure drop. Better choice would be the Ford Powerstroke intercooler IMO.

-GNX7

Be aware there are 3 NPR sizes. The only one worthy of a TR is the largest which is also the tallest of the 3 and coated black. I ran into major pressure drop at about 400 RWHP (note I said RWHP). I would say it is a good I/C until you go to big ported heads and a bigger turbo. BTW, even with the presure drop problem, it was still very effective in reducing the charge temp so running it as a FMIC in a TR will be good.

Here is a pic showing the popular medium size and the large size.

http://www.turbobuicks.com/members/scottiegnz/npr-compare.jpg

I had one of the large ones that was unpainted. They are on other brands as well as the Isuzu. Chevy and International. They are actually rebadged Isuzu. Most are W4 models. They come up on ebay under turbos and intercoolers sometimes. Check with a truck junk yard. I went from 12.50 to 12.30 with stock turbo when i first put one on my car. Very easy to mount too.

I would do a powerstroke intercooler but I dont want to cut my car up,Iwould like to "Test" the larger Isuzu intercooler(I hear it is a good fit).How much do they usually go for?&What year do I look for?

i have been looking for one of those ic's for awhile to do a frontmount setup on my car as well...

no idea where to get one.. every 'truck' junkyard i called said no dice to the npr.

Sorry to revive this thread I searched in this forum about Isuzu NPR intercooler and found this thread. I am looking for this one for 2 months now and still not found anything in the internet. Anyone know where can I buy this intercooler?