**** issue ?'s

kraus

got a 87 gn few modes bla bla bla,I am having a problem with shifts between 2-3.I have tried readjusting tv cable and here is where problem comes in.I have a 75mm tb and ported plenum,i push button on side of trans cable and pull lever full throttle,goes to a certain point then snap jumps out about 6 clicks.Take it for a ride 1-2 good 2-3 revs or flares then shifts.So i adjust it back till it is two clicks out trans shifts fine1-2 2-3 etc,but you push lever (by hand)to go full throttle it gets real stiff then snaps it out more clicks to get to throttle stop on tb. Is it the cable is worn out or i need a different bracket or is it tranny fubared.

It was a rebuilt trans a year ago with about 10,000 miles on it now.I just started having this problem after adding tb,plenum combo.I did some logger runs and sent them to Steve Wood,and he asked why I wasn't going full throttle.I told em I am and checked cable according to directions,and found tv is limiting full throttle. If i set it to 2 clicks tranny works fine ,but then full throttle is limited.... where do i start now

adjust cable and then verify you get a 2/1 wot kickdown at or below18 mph in d2.post results

Sounds like the lever length/geometry is different on your new t/b.

thats what i was thinking,it is a accufab 75 tb and it uses the stock lever off my old tb.I got a buddy of mine stock gn sitting her and measured the throw with cable off stock from bracket to pin it is 41/4, mine is 4 3/4 so it pulls the cable out 6-8 more clicks and throws shifting off...

adjust cable and then verify you get a 2/1 wot kickdown at or below18 mph in d2.post results

adjusted it went to go full throttle tv cable snapped so i will have a new tv tommorrow and start over ...grrr damn car...:smile: but it did kick down before it snapped the cable...

I think you need to adjust that linkage arm length. With a larger T/B you need a shorter arm. Not a longer arm than stock. It will lessen your overall pull and give you more pressure at the lower throttle openings. With the larger T/B, you need more line quicker.

I think you need to adjust that linkage arm length. With a larger T/B you need a shorter arm. Not a longer arm than stock. It will lessen your overall pull and give you more pressure at the lower throttle openings. With the larger T/B, you need more line quicker.
i understand this but how can i acheive it,i got the stock arm and also stock bracket where can I get pieces needed to fix it....

i have experienced the same shifting problem with my car. Was told that the after market tb.. is the culprit..Found a stock tb on the boards..has not arrived yet..waiting on a hofer tranny...

everything i have is to use this tb so i guess if i have to fab some parts to make it work I will....

ok put new cable in adjusted it,it kicks down from 2/1,But it is still a pos from 2-3.Still does the flair from 2-3 with it adjusted so wot works.If I adjust it to where it shifts good then then can't go wot.I am about ready to put a manual valve body in it and have my chip redone to accomodate it.I love how one simple mod turns into pain in the ass instantly. The joy of the sport....

well got pan off it,when I watch the plunger that the detent pushes in.The plunger goes in until it sticks out about a 1/2 inch.Then it stops and the detent clicks out another 7-8 clicks.So from what chris told me the plunger should go flush,it don't so what is wrong with it valve body or worse....

So what I'm gathering here is that the cable adjuster is going off before the TV linkage has bottomed the TV plunger to the sleeve. You either have one hell of a stiff TV plunger spring or the cable adjuster block is weak. The adjuster should not go off until the linkage has bottomed to the TV plunger sleeve. That's a new cable?

So what I'm gathering here is that the cable adjuster is going off before the TV linkage has bottomed the TV plunger to the sleeve. You either have one hell of a stiff TV plunger spring or the cable adjuster block is weak. The adjuster should not go off until the linkage has bottomed to the TV plunger sleeve. That's a new cable?

Yes it is abrand new GM CABLE.And yes the tv plunger is not going flush in housing like chris said it should so I am assuming I have a stiff spring or something in valve body is wrong...

Yes it is abrand new GM CABLE.And yes the tv plunger is not going flush in housing like chris said it should so I am assuming I have a stiff spring or something in valve body is wrong...
I've seen some pretty stiff TV springs in my time. I would lean toward an assembly problem with the TV valvetrain lineup.

I tried pushing the shaft into the valve body by hand,and it still sticks out a 1/2 inch.Once it hits that point its done,i pushed as hard as I can it plain and simple is stops a 1/2 out.

I tried pushing the shaft into the valve body by hand,and it still sticks out a 1/2 inch.Once it hits that point its done,i pushed as hard as I can it plain and simple is stops a 1/2 out.

Yep. You have an assembly problem. Take the VB down and inspect the complete lineup.

ok so I was right on target.remove the roll pin that retains the tcv plunger sleeve and plunger and see if the plunger is sticking in the sleeve or there is another issue in the bore.