is this the most deceptive E-bay ad ever?

Did anyone else catch the caption in the magazine photo, second one down? "Quality Engineering GNX accompanies T-Type GN replica. All components required to convert turbocharged Regal T-types to GN, GNX replicas or beyond are available from Quality Engineering." Hmm....

tommynos said:
am i wrong?i thought gn was a package that included black exterior and trim and emblems and black and grey interior with logos?so if someone was making a conversion kit to turn it into a gn,they would have to paint it black and redue the interior,not just put badges on it,because it would be obvious that it is not a gn if they left it white?..ill take a cheeseburger and hold the cheese..well then its not a cheeseburger?
Maybe I will put GNX badges on my grey Turbo T and sell it as a GNX.It should be worth at least $50K. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing that nobody got too serious about this car, as I have 2 phone messages and 2 e-mails to the seller, without a response of any kind, and I live in the same area code. this guys within 20 or so miles of me and he won't let me inspect the car. I requested an appointment to inspect the car and he won't respond.

Wells said:
It's a good thing that nobody got too serious about this car, as I have 2 phone messages and 2 e-mails to the seller, without a response of any kind, and I live in the same area code. this guys within 20 or so miles of me and he won't let me inspect the car. I requested an appointment to inspect the car and he won't respond.
dont worry he hasnt responded to any of my emails either,and im in florida..i think he might feel stupid for how it was listed and maybe he has had MANY emails about it..it must be because its so rare :biggrin: the only thing rare about that car is the price he thinks hes gona get...

tommynos said:
dont worry he hasnt responded to any of my emails either,and im in florida..i think he might feel stupid for how it was listed and maybe he has had MANY emails about it..it must be because its so rare :biggrin: the only thing rare about that car is the price he thinks hes gona get...
-------------------------------------
Stupid is not one of the names that I would call this guy. Sly, coniving, unethical, con artist, crook, skank, trecherous, snake, one-eyed jack, maybe, but not stupid. I can't wait for the auction to get over with so I can send him hot links to all of the threads going on about his salesmanship attitude and the car. Makes you wonder if he is a Buick Gn freak and he is reading all of these threads, and that is why he does not want the car inspected.

guys there was a company Quality Engineering... damm kids :rolleyes: I don't see what the problem is all about .. its not a GN ... no **** .. milage ??? Christ look at the car !!! Its an 86 white T Type :eek: that he modified .. I don't understand the big deal :rolleyes: ohhh ... ya sounds like he is "fishing" for the big one :p

only PROBLEM i see is he is ******* lieing,he states it is a rare gn/t-type(both)which is false,thats why he is trying to screw someone that dont know better,when all he has is a 8k modded t-type..simple as that...that to me is not right knowing he is preying on someone that dont know better,but i see everyone did there homework...and that is why it is such a big deal..he is a f****** thief and has been told by many people what his car is and he still has not put ANY changes in his discription :rolleyes: thief in my eyes and many others...why is he asking so much?answer is he is trying to make it out like he has something RARE(like he states)a special ordered t-type with the gn package...yep a package of emblems,he put on,not from the factory,like he states..

The seller isn't a theif, he's just a salesman. I agree though, the descripiton on Ebay states 1986 Buick "Grand National." If your eyes are good enough to read that newspaper article, it states it's a replica. If he wasn't trying to pull a fast one, the Ebay description would read; "1986 Grand National Replica." Doesn't matter anyway, I'm sure he'll get his $30,000 for it.

darkred87T said:
The seller isn't a theif, he's just a salesman. I agree though, the descripiton on Ebay states 1986 Buick "Grand National." If your eyes are good enough to read that newspaper article, it states it's a replica. If he wasn't trying to pull a fast one, the Ebay description would read; "1986 Grand National Replica." Doesn't matter anyway, I'm sure he'll get his $30,000 for it.
---------------------------------------
darkred87T said:
The seller isn't a theif, he's just a salesman.....................
---------------------------------------
Maybe, maybe not. Salesman call back, theives do not.
I will bet that you can't honestly say that a salesman has never called you back. And conversely, I will also bet that you can't honestly say that a thief has ever called you back.
------------------------------
Honestly, all kidding aside, I have left 3 phone messages and 2 e-mails to the salesman, or business, without any respsonse. I live about 20 miles away, am a cash buyer under the right circumstances, have ready cash, am currently looking for another turbo Buick, and have a strong interest in that or a similiar turbo Buick. My guesses would be that:
1:pics are 16 years old, or taken when the magazine article was printed.
2:The car doesn't look anywhere near as nice in person as it does in the pics
3:It is not his, it is on cosignment, so he did he modify it, and doesn't really know a lot of indepth knowledge about it.
4:The actual mileage is what is on the original speedometer display, which you are not going to get to see, plus the mileage shown on the replica GNX dash. Also, the steering wheel leather looks too shiny for a 8K mile car. My car is 17.5K miles and still very dull, or satin at best, damn sure not shiny like that one.
5: original tires on a car in a warm garage climate such as Cali will go about 26K, I know as I have worn out a set on an original low mileage turbo Buick at 26K or so, and I am getting to go through the ones on my current 17.5K mileage turbo Buick at what I expect to be about 26K-28K or so.
----------------------------------------
Anyhow, no flaming intended, but that might be your definition of a car salesman, but it is not exactly mine.

I don't doubt for a moment that he is trying to deceive the buyer. I also don't mean to flame salesman either because there are all kinds of people, good and bad in that profession just like any other profession. However, if he finds a sucker who actually thinks the car is a GN, it doesn't make him a thief. If you read newspaper article that he posted, it explains that the car is a replica.

Hurry, only a few hours left to "buy it now"
Driver door color does not match, or has yellowed also.

I like the car ... just got home so I missed bidding :p I would take the GN emblems off and change the interior to an 87 :eek: it would be a NICE beater :p

Grumpy said:
I like the car ... just got home so I missed bidding :p I would take the GN emblems off and change the interior to an 87 :eek: it would be a NICE beater :p
------------------------------------
What bidding, Dan? There wasn't any, unless he had a bid in the very last of the time limit. I looked at it when there was only 1 hour to go, and there still wasn't any bid. There again, if you go to his past history, you can see that he pretty much sells to other countries.

Wells said:
------------------------------------
What bidding, Dan? There wasn't any, unless he had a bid in the very last of the time limit. I looked at it when there was only 1 hour to go, and there still wasn't any bid. There again, if you go to his past history, you can see that he pretty much sells to other countries.

wow I didn't look at that ... BUT I wasn't goin to spend that kinda $$$ :rolleyes: I want a new Shelby Mustang :eek: :p

Is there such a thing on E-bay as "Buy in now" only, so that there is no bidding allowed, only buy it now at stated price or go home empty handed. If so, I think that's what that was. I saw no indications that any bidding was allowed. I am still amazed that he would not let me go over and inspect the car. I tried to find out on msn search an address for that place, but I could not find any address, other than www addy. That area code is only about 20 minutes from me. What a flakey Jake.