is this the most deceptive E-bay ad ever?

UNGN

Can't Re- Member
1986 T-type/GN

Besides all the malarky of a factory white GN, can someone really claim a car only has 12K miles on it when the speedo obviously isn't original?

You can claim Milage, in my state

In Pa, if you have the milage Verified, and Fill a form which has to be signed By state inspection mech. that speedo can be changed to reead the mileage of the one removed. However, thers no way in hell that that car has 12k on it. All the performace upgrades, i'd guess someone took very nice care, but also beat the @##$ out of it.

DAve

Doesn't even come close to the most deceptive auction. There was a guy a while back that had a TR on ebay but if you read closely you saw he was only auctioning a valve stem cap. :mad:

Good call, Mark, I remember that one. Wonder if anybody bought into that.

darkred87T said:
Looks fishy, I didn't know there was such thing as a white Grand National.
Did you read the article from the magazine? It said that the cars were "replicas" and he refers to this car as that "exact" car! Had me going for a minute also.

What do you want to bet that those pictures were taken for that exact magazine article, like in '89 or so? Catch the wording in the sentence, "even though the car had the original tires on it when the pictures were taken the lucky new owner will get brand new tires. Suprise, suprise. I have asked 3 times for permission to inspect the car, with no reply. 2 phone messages, and 1 e-mail. I don't think that anything else need be said.

Randy Greenoe said:
Did you read the article from the magazine? It said that the cars were "replicas" and he refers to this car as that "exact" car! Had me going for a minute also.
Yep, I just read it. It's an interesting car but not worth $30k to me. I can proabably find a real GNX for that much. It also does not have Turbo center caps. Didn't all the Turbo Buicks come with the Turbo Insignia on the center caps?

i posted this find in the fraud section a couple days ago...what a wack...i emailed him and told him the gn was a package that included black exterior with gn emblems and black and grey interior with logos,to say it was ordered as a gn/t-type :rolleyes: so it must have came with the gn package then removed and repainted and new interior installed,from the factory,and only left the emblems to represent it as a gn without the gn package :confused: wow now im sounding as dumb as this guy...but for the amazing price of 30k..IT COULD BE YOURS....lol...i did tell him about the dash too,all with no response and by doing a carfax it did not show any odometer reads?

We're getting some good licks in on this car over on "the other board". They don't take any prisoners over there. See hot link up above.

The window sticker is obviously for a T-type. No way you could have bought a GN in '86 with an Astroroof for $15K out the door. If you could have, I would have bought that instead of my '86 Mustang GT.

My guess is that was an AVC mule and got the dash and other AVC mods sometime in 1988/89.

Looks like the magazine article says a company called Quality Engineering was making conversion kits to convert your regular T Type into a GN or GNX replica. Interesting.

Fake

Notice the "Intercooled" badge below the Grand National emblems on the trunk lid.Not correct.Do your homework pal!!!! Obviously a mock up car.This guy will probably find a sucker tho...That's sad.

Bad Buick said:
Notice the "Intercooled" badge below the Grand National emblems on the trunk lid.Not correct.Do your homework pal!!!! Obviously a mock up car.This guy will probably find a sucker tho...That's sad.
------------------------------------
Only noting an observation here, but it seems to me that everybody did their homework pretty well.

F8L WS6 said:
Looks like the magazine article says a company called Quality Engineering was making conversion kits to convert your regular T Type into a GN or GNX replica. Interesting.
am i wrong?i thought gn was a package that included black exterior and trim and emblems and black and grey interior with logos?so if someone was making a conversion kit to turn it into a gn,they would have to paint it black and redue the interior,not just put badges on it,because it would be obvious that it is not a gn if they left it white?..ill take a cheeseburger and hold the cheese..well then its not a cheeseburger?