Is this the Alto Red band?

RA3Goat

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct Alto Red band that many builders recommend? It says ALTO USA but the spaces in the friction material are squared off, I thought they are rounded. It has 83126 written on it. Also there is no extra reinforcement welded to the pin area. I just don't want to put a stock replacement band in the trans and have to replace it the first time out. It will be behind a Pontiac motor with about 400hp and 450tq.
I copied the list of bands from the Alto catalog, which is the right one?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4020.JPG
    IMG_4020.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4022.JPG
    IMG_4022.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_4026.JPG
    IMG_4026.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Alto bands.jpg
    Alto bands.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 218
This is the band I expected to get. How wide should the band be? How wide is the factory band?

Attachments

• Alto red 01.jpg
    Alto red 01.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Alto red 02.jpg
    Alto red 02.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 202
Lonnie diers has a new Band (carbon) out that wont glaze like the alto. If the alto every slips it over...

Check it out extreme automatics

Thanks SSedan64.
I just noticed in the description for 043962 it mentions "with wedge in Servo anchor (old style)". I guess that's not my main concern. My 1-2 shifts aren't that violent.

Looks like the Alto Band I have installed in my trannys. The chart looks like there a P/N for a carbon band also,do you have a link to it?

Thats the new style strap from alto. Looks like they now offer a carbon band from the listing. Spent a $hit load to get mine made a few months ago. Maybe they will be less expensive. The picture with the band that has the reinforcement is the old strap that used to break till they put the wedge in it.

they are about

Thats the new style strap from alto. Looks like they now offer a carbon band from the listing. Spent a $hit load to get mine made a few months ago. Maybe they will be less expensive. The picture with the band that has the reinforcement is the old strap that used to break till they put the wedge in it.

8-10 bucks more than the red band. They look just like the red bands, only black.

8-10 bucks more than the red band. They look just like the red bands, only black.

Yep I found all the info today. They are Carbonite thats a mix of Carbon like Hi energy or the Raybestos Pro series. It has a mix of metallic. Its not a real Carbon Band but a Hi carbon. Mine is 100% Carbon Fiber. They still use that old strap to. Their material is .030 Mine is .045. Either way its a much better band than the old Alto Red is.