Is this tasteful or ricey?

FTC

Ordered some 3m carbon fiber vinyl wrap and decided to do my wing and front cowl trim, along with some interior parts in the future. I dunno if I like it, really at this point I don't but will leave it on for a few days and see if it grows on me. Also I know I made a mistake and I didn't realize until I reinstalled the end caps that the weave pattern doesnt match the wing, I will fix this tomorrow. Just looking for some opinions

d1bf999e.jpg

b26cea0e.jpg

347238e9.jpg

6fd16a0a.jpg

Such a personal preference thing...however..I think it is very ricey..but how about some pics of the whole car? It obviously dominates the pictures supplied, but maybe it is more subtle when seen with the whole car? The domination is really a large part of what makes it ricey to me.

I don't care for it but it is your car, if you like it keep it. Just PLEASE stop calling the spoiler a wing !! That is ricey. :biggrin:

Bryan

I will take some pics of the whole car tomorrow. From 10 feet away you can't even really tell what it is till you get close up to it. I might jut end up taking the spoiler wrap off and keep the cowl cause it's way more subtle. I was looking for a subtle touch out of this project but the wing just looks like it's too attention grabbing.

The looks acceptable, the rooster tail.....? Maybe looks like you forgot to paint it?

IMO it doesn't look bad, but wrap looks like wrap and real carbon fiber, well, it just looks cool.

Heck, it could be a CF horn button and it would look cool.

The wrap product just doesn't capture, for lack of a better term,the "depth" of real CF.

But again, it's just my opinion and your car DOES look good.

Rock that stuff, but keep it out of the sun. UV rays kick vinyls' ass.

Ya' done alright for yourself.... yep, ya' did.

I like it on the cowl too.

However the wipers barely make it over the stock metal piece so try them and see if they park okay. :confused:

I love the cowl i think i may do it to mine now! It looks way better than the black it originally had. The spoiler not so much..

,Dan

Yeah didn't like how the different color broke up the lines so I took the spoiler wrap off today. Left the cowl area, only crappy thing is you need to splice cause they don't make a piece big enough. Well they do but it's gonna be expensive.

I like the look of the cowl, but I am on the fence about the spoiler. It is very neatly done and really personalizes your car. I wouldn't do it to mine, but it is cool that you did something different for your personnal liking. I like the stock look of the GN's with performance upgrades and mods. Please post more pics of the whole car so we can see more. Never know......you may be on to something for some folks! Looks very neatly done, post more pics......

Cowl looks OK. Spoiler not so much. Take some further away pics and post. Nice LED tails!