Is this really possible?

turboCR

I pulled of the L/H exhaust manifold to fix crack # 18. While it was off I decided to check a few things. I reset my TPS and reset the Cam Sensor. I put timing gears on it about 15k ago, and what the heck I was in there anyway

After I put her back together, no surpise here, she started, but would not run. The last time this happened, there was a short in the fuel injection harness. I thought I would check to see if the patch I put in was OK.

Well, I must be getting old, but I think I know what happened. I never installed all the nuts on the coil bracket when I pulled it off the take off the L/H manifold- no gound??? . While I was moving things around, the bracket touched the valve cover, and the fuel pump relays started running with a nice little spark. That would account for the low fuel pressure and the start of the motor, but no running after it started that I was getting?

I left off the retaining nut in the stud by the number 1 intake, the nut by the water pump and the one by the lower exhaust manifold. The only thing hold it on was the weight of the unit. Does the coil/ignition module have to be gounded to the intake/engine to work??

Yes, it must be grounded. I had a similar problem once, it started and would not idle, just died. Lots of bad grounds.