Is this Ram Air or Cold Air

foregn2

What should I do? I peeled some of the foam off the cone in the scope under front bumper, now I can hear air come n and out. What shoold I do, install KN if I can n the same spot or remove and put KN n at the end of the hose behind bumper. And I'm I hurting anything by peeling of the top layer of foam. How do i post Pics

email them to me and I will post them.

robert.c.griffin@us.army.mil

TO post pics you need to either attach them (scroll down on reply to thread to "additional options") or you will need a picture host from the web. I use
www.photobucket.com, its free. First you upload your image to photobucket. Then click on the yellow icon with the with the mountains here at "Reply To Thread". A second window will open. Go back to photobucket, right click on the "URL" address, copy, and paste into that window. That easy!

Is your filter mounted in a box, in the middle of the bumper behind the grill ?

It may be you have an old ATR Ram Air. I bought my car in '91 and it had this
setup. Long hose running from the maf down to box with a foam/rubber filter.

When i took my filter out to clean it one time it literally started coming apart

dsa87gn said:
Is your filter mounted in a box, in the middle of the bumper behind the grill ?

It may be you have an old ATR Ram Air. I bought my car in '91 and it had this
setup. Long hose running from the maf down to box with a foam/rubber filter.

When i took my filter out to clean it one time it literally started coming apart
YUP thats it. What did you do did you keep or replace or modify it.

Here you go!
untitled4.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

So you have flex hose coming down from the MAF to a cone style filter that sits in that scoop shown in the picture? That's a different set up. I haven't seen that. Is that foam just a cover over a cone filter or is that foam the only air filter? If it is then you really need a cone on it.

Does that scoop end up blocking air to the intercooler scoop?

Pronto said:
So you have flex hose coming down from the MAF to a cone style filter that sits in that scoop shown in the picture? That's a different set up. I haven't seen that. Is that foam just a cover over a cone filter or is that foam the only air filter? If it is then you really need a cone on it.

Its A foam over foam over some type of metal i guess filter

Pronto said:
Does that scoop end up blocking air to the intercooler scoop?
No its like a two tier scoop. 1 on the bottom feed air to intercoller. Top feeds air through filter.

Should I remove and put a K&N filter at the end of the hose or try and replace the Foam filter with K&N

I like the S&B filters. http://intenseperformance.com/welcome.html but I would just figure a way to put a cone on that end while its' mounted in the scoop. If you could drop the scoop and take a picture of it I'd be interested in seeing how it looks.