Is this Prize Bounty for real??

EyeTalk2Trees

I recieved an email from this website(Prizebounty.com) saying I've won an X-Box. The thing is I've never been to this website. Apparently you can put other peoples email's address in the drawing. They want me to provide my debit card to pay for shipping, shipping is normally priced, with FedEx ground at $4.99. The thing is I don't know if this is legit, I would risk $4.99 but I don't want them sticking it to me and taking $500 or more. I usually don't fall for this kind of stuff but I could really use an X-Box and some of their site sponsers are Ecreditcards.com, and The Motley fool (Fool.com, well know finance company) that I know are good companies.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this thing, I have 1 or 2 days to respond before they draw again to replace me.

well you could goto their website, call them, tell them what they emailed you, and ask them if you can send them a check or money order, or if they take paypal.

that way you know its ligit and you dont have to be worried about being ripped off.

on a side note though, you can get new PS2, XBOX, or game cube for $20, either on ebay or through ABC distributers :D

They didn't list a Phone number only an address in Nevada, and an email address. I emailed them asking about ohter payment options, lets see if they actually respond.

GHOUSE78:
I Looked though the ABC distributers website, but quickly got lost, could you tell me more about how to get great deals there.

thanks

on a side note though, you can get new PS2, XBOX, or game cube for $20, either on ebay or through ABC distributers

how can i pull that one off?

you tellin me i can get cheap games too :eek: :eek: :eek:

i called the number the website is listed under via the link DAVID65 prvided (thanks david) and the guy that answered said the number is wrong and it should end with 2589, same prefix. I feel bad for that guy too cause he sounded like he gets these calls all the time. I called the new number and it was a answering machine that didn't give me any info as to what company it was, just to leave a message or a fax.

Starting to look like its just a scam...but I'm still waiting just to see.

This is the oldest scam going to get your credit card number. DON'T DO IT. The old saying is "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Take the advice given aboove, RUN Forrest, run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark :D

There is zero debt protection on a debit card. It's just like cash. A true credit card has protection, at least Visa/MC for sure. That is a scam; they know this too. Otherwise, they'd give an option for credit card of any kind. Sneaky.....

As far as ABC distributing goes, im pretty sure ownly buisness's can order through it, but you can get a catalog for free
here is the link for the gaming systems HERE

Originally posted by GHOUSE78
As far as ABC distributing goes, im pretty sure ownly buisness's can order through it, but you can get a catalog for free
here is the link for the gaming systems HERE

I dunno if anyone noticed, but those are for accessory sets for those gaming systems..

I used to work in retail, and game shops pay about $10 less than they sell the systems for. They make the money on the software, the hardware is never a moneymaker, thats why you never see em on sale, and the price is the same everywhere.

Actually Bank of America gives you the same protection on thier debit card as most credit cards.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Actually Bank of America gives you the same protection on thier debit card as most credit cards.

If the debit card you use has a VIsa logo, it has the same protection as a regular Visa card, BUT, it's much easier for a company to wipe out your account if using a debit card, and any outstanding checks/payments may bounce, and it may take awhile to get your money back.

Still do NOT use a debit card for online purposes.. (IMHO)