Is this my do over? IL impound?

alot of times someone signs a car title over for sale and never dates or puts the mileage on the title.. in some states that is illegal. If the guy never registers or retitles the car in his name, that is his fault. not yours. I would have a bill of sale and title for him to sign.. In your state you may be still financially and be cited for any civil damages. tickets and fines may be in your name also... You can always get the car, place a public notice in the paper and then claim the car. Attempt his last know address with a certified letter saying he owes you for the financial fees sustained for the impoundment and if doesn't return a reply within a specified legal time limit the car can be reclaimed as yours. If you can afford to get it out of impound, you can do this and then part the car out and make your money back from the fees. You are limited in time so see what can be done.. quickly.. it can make a nice driver for you and your kids one day...

The city auction is a nice place to buy a used car.. you know a car like that will sell and be sold on some car lot for 5x what the auction got for it.

good luck!!

this is 1quick85's car really it is. it has been repainted and all of the paperwork to the car was in a binder. i met this guy over the summer he was trying to sell the car on craigslist.

Attachments

• 430.jpg
    430.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 431.jpg
    431.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 432.jpg
    432.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 433.jpg
    433.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 436.jpg
    436.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 159
Sure looks like my car....especially the motor. So, someone ended up getting it and repainting hey? At least its getting some attention. Wonder if he got the tranny rebuilt or maybe someone between me and impound lot it got taken care of.....what a joke.
Thanks for sharing! :cool:

its your car the car still needs a trans it slips when u get on it. and the turbo is starting to smoke fast as hell with those big dumb wheels on it.

Not my car but i have met the guy i asked him why would he put those big wheels on that car get a reg regal for that what a disgrace to the gn's nice paint tho.

jas your car is so slow u dont wont none of that car. i have seen that car spin those 24's and leave a patch a block long only one tire was spinning but it was moving. i think u should pass on that one u dont even have a intercooler.

funny outcome

i've sold a few cars and had a red light ticket sent to me that i had to go down and fight, and then it was stolen and they took the rims, stereo, and lights. i got 2 letters over this car, one for the light and one from a impound company where the car was found. the car was not registered in the real owners name and i could have gotten it back but i didn't want it ( 95 civic ) car looks good thought minus the rims. i would do maybe 18's but 24's come on, shows you some people love DONKS.

jas your car is so slow u dont wont none of that car. i have seen that car spin those 24's and leave a patch a block long only one tire was spinning but it was moving. i think u should pass on that one u dont even have a intercooler.

But I have a K&N and a Chip! Fine... I won't try it...

A friend sold an RX7 to some guy
the car got impounded 2 years later so I go with him to see the car and it was in good shape so he tells the Clerk at the pound (city employee) the story so the lady says Come back on "this" day the last day before this car goes to the auction and sit in the waiting room until after the doors close then claim the car, we asked why? she said because after the end of business on that day the car will belong to the city and since the paper work will be processed after closing it will all be legally binding plus he would not have cheated any one out of anything since it belong to the city. She did say to write "New" in front of the word "Owner" on the "Realest to" Signature line??

I was looking closer at the pics and looks like someone put a LT1 MAF on it? New wires and alternator....probably took the gauges out of it too. Otherwise the motor looks the same. That V2 intake was sick as hell...really woke that car up. The rear is a peg leg too. It started turning both tires at one time, but of course I had 15" rims on it. :biggrin: