Is this MAF Drop-Out???

BADAZZV6

Slippery When Boosted
I have an intermittent problem with my car cutting out under full throttle blasts. It feels like I turned the key off and it won't recover until I let off. Very weird. I immediately suspected the battery cable, it looks fine. Last night at the track it cutout in the last 100ft on my first pass. It never bothered after that.

I have a 3" LT1 MAF and Trans+. At the track I unplugged all the MAF wiring, all looks good. I checked the ECM plug/pins & DS plug, all looks good. The MAF passes the tap test.

I was recording my runs at the track, DS file review shows the MAF getting hairy (126-255) during the cut out before I let off. 14 frames later the O2 volts dropped to 55-180mv. As far as I can tell everything else looks good, battery maintained 13+ volts during the entire event.

Is this the MAF drop-out I hear about?? If it is, what causes it?

my brother had this same problem he had several codes fluctuating , it would do it in park just flipped the gas line on the throttle body any amount of boost and the car just died down and let off the gas it came back to life . turned out to be the ecm i swapped it with mine and the problem went away. he drove off home now im trying to get my computer back from him he wont answer his phone....:frown: :rolleyes:

If you see a sky blue turbo t , ridin around tell him to pull over and tell him his brother wants his ecm back. please....

any way its worth checking into.

Clark6,
I'm not getting any codes, battery voltage is constant during event. I have a new spare ECM from NAPA, I could put it in and try it for a while.

Mike Licht,
Switches 1 thru 3 are ON, 4th is OFF. Been using this setup for several years with zero issues.

Thanx for the input guys.