Is this knock real or false? powerlogs inside.

84ttype

I've been chasing this knock for a few weeks now. the thing that gets me is that on other peoples logs that I've viewed their KR seems to rise and fall smoother than mine. The KR in my logs look sparatic to me and I only hear a quick one or two ticks, if anything, when the car launches and then it quickly goes away. this happens before the KR starts on my Scanmaster. I also just noticed as I'm posting this that my 3rd gear switch isnt working as you can see in the logs. could this be part of the problem and how do i go about fixing that?

I have a MAFT pro with the tuner pro chip, the second log I turned the fueling up 5% from the first log across the board in the RPMS. and the third log has the i just tweaked the spoolup boost and gain a little.

Attachments

• powerlogs.zip
    95.7 KB · Views: 42
3rd gear kick it down, I couldnt veiw log but slowly climbs then real knock, jumps from 0 to 13.5 ect most of the time is false

I had the same problem with my turbo t and found out the exhaust pipe was rubbing on the rear spring at the right rear pipe! check and see if you have any grounding issues with the powertrain remember the knock sensor is very sensative to these simple faults.

Fred

Thanks I'll double check all my grounds. I'm hoping its not the exhaust although it is possible, I'm running a 3 in downpipe that sits about an inch from the frame, But I do have HR motormounts and I even beat back the firewall a little with an airhammer to give it some room.

Looking at the 13lbs file name, the knock appears to be false. I also noticed that your trans seems to be slipping between the 2-3 shift. Also, how come your RPMs don't climb over 4100 when you are WOT? Not sure whats going on there.

File 13lbsfuelup5 the transmission shift looks better (no slipping) and again I would say the knock you are seeing is false. You have plenty of fuel judging by the O2 volts.

Your last file looks fine if you get rid of the knock and the low RPM shifting problem.