Is this for real? A new GNX?

Originally posted by 87grandnational
I dont know if i would want GM,.. with their reputation as of now, infringing on the SACRED nameplate of the GNX or Grand National as we know it...

Unless they want to come out with a boxy RWD 2dr Sedan with a Turbocharged 3800 series II with a huge back seat to accomodate the special ocation... along with at least 350rwhp and 450lbs/tq, to haul your ass down the quarter in under13 seconds... then i would be impressed...

Just my opinion... ;)

THANK-YOU!

At least someone mentioned the most important part! Whats under the hood! There is nothing Buick about a Caddy 3.6 I had my phone ringing off the wall from brand X friends of mine saying..."hhhhaaaaa, they couldn't do it with a Buick engine they had to use something else..." :rolleyes:

When I 1st heard about this I came unglued. There is this guy that wants to buy my GN and after hearing about this I was ready to let it go before it really took a plung in value.

I just hope they KILL BUICK before these "GM CORPORATE MORONS" really does something stupid like this and disgraces the Buick image and the GN/GNX image & reputation (or even worse the GS/GSX) like they did with that Chevy they can't sell wearing a GTO badge.

The #5 rule of the Nationals and this rule applies @ every Buick event that i'm aware of:

5. All cars must be Buick powered. No corporate engines!

http://gsnationals.com/gs_nationals_race_rules.htm

If they ever change this rule i'd sell the only Buick I have left and be gone from the GSCA and the Buick hobby forever as they would be selling me out and anyone else that was a Buick enthusiast.

I'm just preparing for the worse, maybe i'm just paranoid.

Hey look, another

Grand Prix
GTP
G6
Grand Am
GTO
GNX

Its just another one of THEM.

This cars going to make a great parts car with the Ecotec 3.6TT and 6 speed auto trans.

Originally posted by Reaper
I am with len, i like it......

I want the wheels

According to import tuner associates of mine they say the wheels are Axis Hiro's. Axis wheels would be a good place to look first. HTH:D

I think it is a pretty car. Just doesn't look like a gnx. Looks like the new version of a Grand Prix.
Has nothing to do with the original look of a gnx. Oh wait, it is black! :)

Seriously, nice car but I wouldn't call it a gnx!

At least with a gnx looking like that our community would be freshened up with some young ricers showing all the nice neon lights they can put on and under the car. Scary thought!