Is this electric and will it fit?

Baron Von Buick

Big White Guy
Hey hello pardon my inexperience but i have a 1984 non turbo V6 buick regal 231 and i want to swap the intake and carb to a 4.1 intake and a Q-jet carb.Now i know i need an electric carb but i dont know how to tell if one is or not.So here is carb,please anyone tell me if it will fit a 4.1 intake, if it's electric and how to tell if one is electric.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category=33550

Thanks for all and any help!

nope thats a non electric carb.if you don't have strict emission testing in your area,you could use this carb with a aftermarket intake and replace the distributor with a vacuum advance distributor and eliminate the computer competely.the computer only controls the carb and timing.i've eliminated the computer and it made a big difference.if your wondering where to get the distributor look in buicks from 1978-1980.

If you don't mind what carb ,intake, dist. combo do you recommend please be detailed. Thanks alot for your help!

hey rich if those things bring that kind of money,i got 3 of em.maybe i should put them on ebay.:D

Hey.....dude from 'da Bronx,

You don't seem like you know alot about these cars so here's my input. The 'non-electronic' conversion might require you to change the transmission. The transmissions on the '81 and up Regals are electronic also.

I did the conversion and there was no way around getting the transmission to gear up properly unless you get a non-electronic transmission. Stay away from this conversion unless you want to change the transmission too.

I know its cold out there but if you go out to the bone yards in Jersey you could probably find an electronic Q-jet. Maybe not from a Buick but most GM Q-Jets will work. Only problem may be with the throttle linkage so bring your car along and visaully match it. :)

By the way.....

The carb Rich linked to is electronic but would need some parts off of your Duel Jet. The linkage does not look like a good match either. :(

Yea, I not recommeding buying THAT particular carb. It was just a good picture of the electrical connections, I would get one from a 4.1 V6 along with the intake.

That carb is a bargin, IMO if you have an '85 305 SBC. Only 28,000 miles. Nothing better than an low mileage, un-molested, working Quadrjet. Actually the best is having two, then a simple carb swap tells you if the original carb is bad or if it's something else. (A good reason to have two of the same car/engine ;) )

yeah freddie i forgot about the th-200 trans with the electrical connector.when i first got my car it had the th-350 in it already.:)