Is there any interest in a slightly more aggressive spoiler?

Are you interested in a new spoiler?

• Yes, make mine fit factory

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Yes, make mine mold in

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Yes, but i think it should be different (specify how in post)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No, leave well enough alone

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters

DragCamaro

Real-Keeper
Hey everyone, its winter and im bored, and im thinking of embarking on the project of making a slightly more aggressive spoiler for my GN. its not going to be anything super nasty, im just wanting to make a factory style spoiler that is mabe about 3.5 inches tall and hangs back a little behind the trunk.(the picture is what i mean by hangs back, kinda nascar like i guess) ill get some sketches up eventually, but i was interested if anyone would be interested in one if i decided to market and sell them. they should attach in a factory style, or i could make them to mold in.
it would be similar to this design, but i would make it thicker and blockier to match the grand nationals origional style better
01011010_1.jpg

any thoughts?
thanks, Mark

Hey everyone, its winter and im bored, and im thinking of embarking on the project of making a slightly more aggressive spoiler for my GN. its not going to be anything super nasty, im just wanting to make a factory style spoiler that is mabe about 3.5 inches tall and hangs back a little behind the trunk.(the picture is what i mean by hangs back, kinda nascar like i guess) ill get some sketches up eventually, but i was interested if anyone would be interested in one if i decided to market and sell them. they should attach in a factory style, or i could make them to mold in.
it would be similar to this design, but i would make it thicker and blockier to match the grand nationals origional style better
01011010_1.jpg

any thoughts?
thanks, Mark

I think once yours is done and we get to see actual photos,more people will be interested.I like aggressive style spoilers and think it is a great idea.It will make these cars look even more intimidating(lol):) ........

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with but depending on how heavy it is the trunk springs/suports might suffer.

I'd be interested!

I'd be interested, too. Any thoughts as to what material you'd use? Fiberglass?? Carbon Fiber?? Something else??
John A, Turbohh

its going to be fiberglass for the first few at least. i could do carbon fiber just as easily if someone really wants it. i dont think it would weigh a whole lot more than the factory wing, mabe about about a 1/3 more than the factory.
ill get up some rough sketches sometime

I think you could sell a few. Although I am selling my GN and getting off the "wagon". same design as stock but have the rear edge about 1 -1.5 inch higher and a curved taper into the stock front mount height kind of a SS monte / GN spoiler blend.

kind of like this from the side of trunk lid pic

Attachments

• spoiler.bmp
    75.1 KB · Views: 543
Look at some of the G-body Monte SS spoilers. I think there are 3 versions: factory, and two that are a little higher and/or hang back further.

like the g8 just with the quarter panel extensions blended in.

Attachments

• GT_spoiler (WinCE).jpg
    GT_spoiler (WinCE).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 505
Spoiler

I had an 87 MC/SS, always liked the factory spoiler design. Subtle, but at the same time, a bit aggressive. Some kind of "lip" spoiler would be nice, keeping the attachment/leading edge as slim as possible and the lip extending out the back would be very cool.

Personally, something that extended the length without raising the height much similar in concept to the common metal style you have seen for years on serious race cars with parachutes. That style seems to produce downforce, especially at high speeds, without increasing wind resistance very much. A smaller, curvy, smoother version would interest me. And..... no one could accuse you of going "ricer":D
MH

ive always liked the monte style wing as well. ive got time since im basically snowed in. if i can find a way to get the GN into my garage then ill start some sketching and mock ups.
any ideas on what could be done for the front? id like to do something to liven it up a little, im actually thinking of starting on a widebody kit for mine. i promise it wont be ricy, it would just be a little bit of bulge, mabe 1.5" in front and 2" in back. idk i cant think of a way to make it flow with the old brick though.
thanks for the input, Mark

ive always liked the monte style wing as well. ive got time since im basically snowed in. if i can find a way to get the GN into my garage then ill start some sketching and mock ups.
any ideas on what could be done for the front? id like to do something to liven it up a little, im actually thinking of starting on a widebody kit for mine. i promise it wont be ricy, it would just be a little bit of bulge, mabe 1.5" in front and 2" in back. idk i cant think of a way to make it flow with the old brick though.
thanks for the input, Mark

Arent these cars already widebody??:rolleyes: , any bigger and you can put a sail on it :eek: . I always liked these cars with the stock body lines IMO. I would try to mock up an old Kenne bell unit for the front, they just look good. Plus it makes the front end look lower.